A&M loses in one of the biggest comebacks ever in college football...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/texas-regent-calls-kevin-sumlin-fired-053006983.html

After Texas A&M blew a 44-10 lead in a stunning 45-44 loss to UCLA, a member of the A&M System Board of Regents straight up called for head coach Kevin Sumlin to lose his job.

The regent, Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee, voiced his frustration with Sumlin in a Facebook post. Here it is in its entirety:

"I’m sure I may be criticized for this post but I honestly don’t care. I’ve been on the Board of Regents for the A&M System for almost seven years. During that time, I’ve not once commented on Kevin Sumlin and his performance during his tenure at our school. I never said a word when he and his agent manipulated a much bigger and longer contract. I said nothing about his arrogance and his mishandling of multiple player controversies. I said nothing when we had multiple awesome recruiting classes, only to see key players leave our school or underperform.

But tonight I am very disappointed and I have to say this. Kevin Sumlin was out-coached tonight, which isn’t new. He recruits well, but can’t coach the big games, or the close games. Our players were better tonight. Our players were more talented tonight. But our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again. I’m only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO. In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.

Share this as you see fit."
-------------------------------------------------------

Interesting

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/texas-regent-calls-kevin-sumlin-fired-053006983.html

After Texas A&M blew a 44-10 lead in a stunning 45-44 loss to UCLA, a member of the A&M System Board of Regents straight up called for head coach Kevin Sumlin to lose his job.

The regent, Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee, voiced his frustration with Sumlin in a Facebook post. Here it is in its entirety:

"I’m sure I may be criticized for this post but I honestly don’t care. I’ve been on the Board of Regents for the A&M System for almost seven years. During that time, I’ve not once commented on Kevin Sumlin and his performance during his tenure at our school. I never said a word when he and his agent manipulated a much bigger and longer contract. I said nothing about his arrogance and his mishandling of multiple player controversies. I said nothing when we had multiple awesome recruiting classes, only to see key players leave our school or underperform.

But tonight I am very disappointed and I have to say this. Kevin Sumlin was out-coached tonight, which isn’t new. He recruits well, but can’t coach the big games, or the close games. Our players were better tonight. Our players were more talented tonight. But our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again. I’m only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO. In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.

Share this as you see fit."
-------------------------------------------------------

Interesting
Our boosters suck too. They are like our slow developing plays.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The thread starting curse even applies to 34 point leads! :lol:

Apparently Sumlin no longer has a QB and just wants to run the ball. And he still doesn't have a defense. We may be facing an interim coach by the time they show up.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You want to talk about game management, well there it was right there. Yes I understand the prevent defense talk and I get it and think you have to mix it up and keep your defenders engaged, but offensively, that was Butters type game management. You have a true frosh QB, who had completed, what like 3 of 20 passes. You have a 20+ point lead, 4th Quarter and you are calling pass plays one after another. Now not only are you stopping the clock on incompletions, you have a true frosh who is taking sacks outside of the pocket and does not realize you can legally ground the ball by whipping it into the stands. Talk about not physically practicing the mental aspects of the game. Then when they do run the ball or complete a pass, with the clock running, they snap the ball for the next play with 15 to 20 seconds on the play clock. This is not playing defensively in my opinion, it is playing smartly. You can still run almost your entire playbook, but be smart about how you do it, and know who your players are. If you realize the players do not comprehend the rules, then you can't put them in a position to compound the issues. I commend the BofD member for speaking out. We need some our people in that position to speak out. Oh wait, those types here do not know SHYT about football b/c they learned everything from Fooley.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He should have already been fired. The reason he hasn't is obvious. A&M fans won't have to suffer his garbage coaching much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.