Recruiting A new 2016 OT Commit - Stone Forsythe

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n220122 said:
I wasn't overjoyed with the OC hire as everyone knows by now.

We saw more out of our offense this spring than any OC under Muschamp. I'm optimistic for now.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing he got an extra porkchop or chickenleg for putting him man on his ass, cause he was workin it. Dont nothing say winner like chicken dinner.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n220138 said:
I'm guessing he got an extra porkchop or chickenleg for putting him man on his ass, cause he was workin it. Dont nothing say winner like chicken dinner.
He plays like the defense stole something from him. Angry man. Pile driving until the echo of the whistle. Finds work downfield and pummels a backer safety. Man wants to break something. Won't even let them surrender, just keeps driving, driving, driving and then plants them. Seems quick at picking up blitzes and fast enough to get to DBs even.

If you don't like that kind of football player, there's sumthin wrong witchya.

Ima gonna keep that video on speed dial to help me through this upcoming season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;220141 said:
I would really like to get Parker Boudreaux in this class:
[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Parker-Boudreaux-160822[/video]

Parker's a heavy Florida lean. But I think Bama's heavily in the mix.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n220122 said:
I wasn't overjoyed with the OC hire as everyone knows by now. That being said, the one thing I was impressed with was their OL play under that OC. Bama has made a living with 3 star kids that bought in, redshirted, and worked their arses off in the weight room.

We'll be ok on this front. OL is the place where stars mean the least to me. To me, strength, frame, intelligence and mean streak are way more important than speed and athleticism.

You make valid points about the frame, intelligence, etc. Some of us have been clamoring for the 6'5, 310 pound "Bama-like" recruits going back to the old board and were skeptical of the guys we were bringing in, including D. Hump, due to being small by SEC standards. Let's hope this kid brings all the intangibles that you reference. I couldn't get the video on the OP's link to load so I haven't seen film on this kid yet. I'll see what I can find on the internet later. Regarding Nuss, he wasn't my first choice either based on his stint at Michigan. If he can get us playing like Bama played during their 2008-2012 then we'll all be happy Gators. Obviously, a stout O-line will go a long way towards helping us get to that level. That and some deer antler velvet. Hopefully, Nuss brought some leftovers with him to Hogtown.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
rogdochar;n220111 said:
In the HUdl film, his first block was a pancake but not for breakfast 'cause he drove the guy through 3 time zones.
Stone = great name. His UF offered WR friend's last name is McDoom. Go Gators.

Shoot, if they awarded the national championship to the team with the best named players, I'd say we'd be the odds-on favorites with kids named McDoom and Stone Forsythe. Let's hope their play is as exciting as their names are entertaining.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1841425/highlights/167819375/v2[/video]

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's so difficult to project OLine and DT coming out of HS. We had two 5* in Humphries and Nixon that didn't really do much. Can't get too excited about anything other than we have a new OL recruit

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is hard to project. He's obviously much bigger than the kids he's playing.

They say you can't teach speed and of course it's true. You also can't teach a desire and mean streak and that kid has them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;220231 said:
It's so difficult to project OLine and DT coming out of HS. We had two 5* in Humphries and Nixon that didn't really do much. Can't get too excited about anything other than we have a new OL recruit

They were both 250lb when they committed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DJ was only 285lbs playing for us last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also, keep in mind that those are his JUNIOR highlights.

I'm going to watch this video so much I'll probably end up with a restraining order.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n220263 said:
Also, keep in mind that those are his JUNIOR highlights.

I'm going to watch this video so much I'll probably end up with a restraining order.

:lol: Perv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.