A PSA from Detroit: THIS is why I drink Ukrainian/Russian Vodka!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It’s filtered, a fukton, so NO impurities and you get NO schit separation of water from alcohol like this Finlandia schit, and it NEVER freezes (and NO hangover, just wake up drunk!)! It’s bush league, it’s wrong, worse, it interferes with my long night of slow, reflective, drinking, complete with gratuitous posting of videos! Finlandia isn’t schit potato vodka, but it might as well be!
IMG_0911.jpeg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
It’s filtered, a fukton, so NO impurities and you get NO schit separation of water from alcohol like this Finlandia schit, and it NEVER freezes (and NO hangover, just wake up drunk!)! It’s bush league, it’s wrong, worse, it interferes with my long night of slow, reflective, drinking, complete with gratuitous posting of videos! Finlandia isn’t schit potato vodka, but it might as well be!
View attachment 68558
This would be much more helpful advice if you listed the brand names one should buy. Spasibo.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
View attachment 68558
Perfect post at 12:32am. :swampqueen:

That’s why we put Stoli in the freezer back in the day?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Its more fun to make your own. And you can have whatever proof you want.
This is known as "village vodka," and i've posted about it many, many times. It's basically moonshine vodka and if done right, you can't tell by simply smelling the top of the plastic 1 liter water bottle it's in... you ask for a lighter or match. THAT is how you check for village vodka to differentiate it from merely vodka.

And i've posted this before, that even to this day, because i didn't grow up drinking it, i am always warned, "Detroit, tonight it is village vodka."

In Ukrainian or Russians, they will simply say "spirits" and it is not referring to "spirits" in a broad alcohol sense, it specifically means the equivalent of moonshine, and it will put you on your ass, fast, and you won't wake up hungover, you'll wake up still drunk in a strangely good/non-hungover way, and then a friend will give you a shot to smooth you out. If it was a night of just plain vodka, the friend will give you a beer to smooth you out... it's all very scientific. Then they engineer drones to kill Russians.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
More "real vodka" etiquette for everyone's education... the PSA continues.

OK, so the guy who wrote this novel is like Crete's friend Emil... born in Romania, but emigrated to the US. Not sure what age Emil was, but this guy emigrated as a small child (just like the main character in the book).

He's been nailing the Romanian stuff, which makes sense. He's got it all down... right to the details of drinking "tuica" which is their plumb brandy vodka equivalent. "Boris" (not his real Russian name, that's the alias assigned to him) is Russian and carries his personal bottle of Stoli in Bucharest, fair enough, 1000000% believable in 1989 (year of setting). However, a page later, I caught him when it comes to "Russian stuff." If you see the passage I posted above, he says that Boris made the pour into the glasses. In the passage below, he says that Hefflin poured the second round...

This would be a MASSIVE "alcohol foul" in countries that drink real vodka. It's a shattering of superstition/protocol that is unfathomable. I would have been absolutely horrifying for "Boris" to witness... in fact, he would have quickly stopped Hefflin from doing so. In real vodka countries, the person who pours first (usually selected for their "steady hand," you don't just splash the schit in there!) pours all the shots until the bottle is empty. I'm kind of afraid to keep reading because I'm afraid the next thing he'll say is something like, "Hefflin set the empty bottle on the table" when you NEVER put a "dead soldier" on the table... it goes on the floor next to a table leg... not on a counter top, not thrown in the trash, not taken away... dead soldiers go on the floor until you are done drinking.

This ends this segment of my ongoing vodka PSA...

vodka.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PSA from ADG...

Yukos shareholders seize Russian vodka assets in the Netherlands

AMSTERDAM, May 18 (Reuters) - Shareholders in the now defunct Russian oil giant Yukos have seized Netherlands-based assets of two well-known vodka brands controlled by the Russian state in their most recent legal move to obtain $57 billion in damages from Moscow, they said on Monday.

The seizure of the Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya vodka trademark rights via a Dutch court took place on May 7, a spokesman for shareholders said on Monday. The Russian state was informed of the move last week.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.