A third basketball signee?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If he is as good as his brother, we got a good one. We have the Va Tech transfer, Jalen Hudson, eligible next year. Round this class out with a solid PG and it's a decent class.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The final bit of information in that article will cause a lot of off topic talk I am sure.

The bit about him transferring to IMG? Or that he lost 60lbs deciding to focus on basketball rather than football?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The bit about him transferring to IMG? Or that he lost 60lbs deciding to focus on basketball rather than football?

Yeah, I was expecting the we need OL crowd to start sizing him up as a prospect on this thread.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
His brother Jarnell wasn't known for great leaping ability. But dang was he good at using his big frame to rebound and get great position for scoring.

I agree, I am encouraged by his video. To me he looks like his brother who was a typical Pearl heady tough player.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have a problem with space eating centers at all. Udonis is one of my all-time favorites here. That's kinda who this kid reminds me of. UD used to do whatever he wanted to with those 7 footers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Inside man who doesn't clang the rims -- has nice shooter's touch. Nice get.
Under the radar, White is advancing our BB program.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is amazing how attitudes can change. Six months ago I felt infinitely better about our football program than basketball.
The two sports have completely changed perception in six months. I am now starting to believe that White might actually be the answer.
Mac on the other hand..................

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I like the three commits so far but wouldn't hurt to add a tall 6'10 or higher guy just to build height depth for the future

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hoops appears to be heading in the right direction under Coach White. I am, as some say, cautiously optimistic. And I think this road warrior experience they are now going through will help them bond as a team and make them mentally tougher as the season progresses.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It is amazing how attitudes can change. Six months ago I felt infinitely better about our football program than basketball.
The two sports have completely changed perception in six months. I am now starting to believe that White might actually be the answer.
Mac on the other hand..................

I would also says that Gak and last night Hester have each shown a bit in limited playing time. That too encourages me about this staff's ability to evaluate players.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Great form on his shot. Nice touch and has good body control. Like someone said. Rebound position and size can trump a leaper. Larry Bird proved it over and over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He posted on twitter today. A friend of mine who is a Iowa State grad is really pissed. It seems like Stokes was leading them on even after he signed with Florida. Apparently he was their #1 target.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Honestly, at 6'8" he seems a little ground bound.

And Haslem and Hill weren't? They knew how to use their size. This guy might be able to do that as well. I'm not saying he will be that good. Just using them as an example.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Not a Gator, but Barkley was an amazing rebounder and power insider player, at only 6-6. Sometimes knowing how to use your body and strength trumps kangaroo legs. (Sometimes.)

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not a Gator, but Barkley was an amazing rebounder and power insider player, at only 6-6. Sometimes knowing how to use your body and strength trumps kangaroo legs. (Sometimes.)
Barkley is who I thought of, too. He would use his frame and that big butt, back them up, then turn around for a nice sift jumper. Or then dish it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.