A third basketball signee?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Not a Gator, but Barkley was an amazing rebounder and power insider player, at only 6-6. Sometimes knowing how to use your body and strength trumps kangaroo legs. (Sometimes.)
So why not get a tall guy and have the best of both worlds?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His older brother was a scorer, and Isaiah looks the same ... nice shooting touch, no rim-clanging misses
from our inside man ? This guy may get surprisingly a high # of playing minutes as a freshman and IMO
he will produce. Good get. Welcome kid Stokes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We had another like them. Ronnie Williams , HE was a load and inside he could not be stopped. Played with Vernon Delancy and a guard from NY

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had another like them. Ronnie Williams , HE was a load and inside he could not be stopped. Played with Vernon Delancy and a guard from NY

You mean Vernon "Fancy" Delancy. Ronnie was from NY but Vernon is a Miami guy. You are thinking of Mike Moses a point guard from NYC. He bailed after the first year and went back home to St. Johns.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Vernon could FLY.............the best dunk I ever saw was his on an end bounds pass from the baseline. Moses was the guard I was thinking about. Those three came in together. Vernon had a 40pt game once against bama.........mostly on dunks..........Vernon had a weird two handed jump shot.
We also has a big guard named Mike Milligan..........they said he was a star in practice and showed flashes in a few games.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great form on his shot. Nice touch and has good body control. Like someone said. Rebound position and size can trump a leaper. Larry Bird proved it over and over.
Could be a stretch 4 option - a space eating stretch 4. Good pickup! Now for a PG..............
We'd probably have a top 10 class if Alexander hadn't bailed on us for bluer pastures.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vernon could FLY.............the best dunk I ever saw was his on an end bounds pass from the baseline. Moses was the guard I was thinking about. Those three came in together. Vernon had a 40pt game once against bama.........mostly on dunks..........Vernon had a weird two handed jump shot.
We also has a big guard named Mike Milligan..........they said he was a star in practice and showed flashes in a few games.

A year later Sloan gets Eugene McDowell and he has a really good front line. The only problem was Moses transferring. If he stays, Sloan gets things going at Florida very quickly. Instead, we play 2-3 years with a good front line and bad guard play. That is followed by 2-3 years with good guards a no front court. I've always wondered what would have happened with a really good point guard in the early 80's

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Doubt it. UF isn't in his top 5. We are running out of PG options.

Yeah, I saw that but then I want to be an optimist and found this:

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/no-1-p...al-sets-record-straight-about-his-recruitment

just two weeks before Alexander decommitted from UF. Surely UF knew earlier than we did that Alexander was waivering and at least talked to Duval then? Several of the teams on his list do not have a good roster for him and some even have a bad roster and a PG commitment already. That said, I guess he is going to Duke.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yeah, I saw that but then I want to be an optimist and found this:

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/no-1-p...al-sets-record-straight-about-his-recruitment

just two weeks before Alexander decommitted from UF. Surely UF knew earlier than we did that Alexander was waivering and at least talked to Duval then? Several of the teams on his list do not have a good roster for him and some even have a bad roster and a PG commitment already. That said, I guess he is going to Duke.

If true, coach White needs to be sitting at his doorstep every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.