ACC, Big Ten, PAC-12 Expected to announce Alliance

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard this morning that the ACC had signed a contract with ESPN through 2036,
Espn doesnt care. They will make more money from better conferences. And benefit from not having to pay for Kansas Vs Iowa State, that no one watches.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I like the 16 team 4 pod approach. Pods 1+2 play each other, 3+4 play each, respective winners to SEC title game. Next year, pods 1+3 and 2+4 play each other, winner to SEC title game, 3rd year, 1+4 and 2+3, winners to SEC title game.

That gives us the chance to play every SEC team once every 3 years. Then repeat swapping home and away the next go around.

It gives us a 7 game SEC schedule and the ability to play other D1 teams (f$u, Miami, VT, UNC, UCLA, etc) and schedule a couple of cupcakes for stats and recovery.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I like the 16 team 4 pod approach. Pods 1+2 play each other, 3+4 play each, respective winners to SEC title game. Next year, pods 1+3 and 2+4 play each other, winner to SEC title game, 3rd year, 1+4 and 2+3, winners to SEC title game.

That gives us the chance to play every SEC team once every 3 years. Then repeat swapping home and away the next go around.

It gives us a 7 game SEC schedule and the ability to play other D1 teams (f$u, Miami, VT, UNC, UCLA, etc) and schedule a couple of cupcakes for stats and recovery.

I think the closer we move to getting rid the ncaa the less we will play cupcakes which is good for everyone

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I think the closer we move to getting rid the ncaa the less we will play cupcakes which is good for everyone

Not so sure. A 12 game schedule at the D1 level is hard on the body. It will be entertaining as hell for the fans and I admit, I half heartedly watch the cupcake games.

The last team I coached on, the HC (figure head only) scheduled 10 straight games and took the "bye" week in week one to get some extra practice time. So imagine, 10 straight weeks and then roll into the playoffs. Brutal. The cupcake games serve a purpose. 2nd and 3rd teamers get game reps, starters can rest a little and heal, practice that week can and should go a little easier, and give the players a chance to heal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know why you think the NCAA "causes" cupcake games....or that they are going away.

I can guarantee you that the Mississippis of the world are not going to vote to get rid of those.

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I dont know why you think the NCAA "causes" cupcake games....or that they are going away.

I can guarantee you that the Mississippi's of the world are not going to vote to get rid of those.

I dont. Im saying if you have a 64 team type league, there wont be any G5's to schedule.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not so sure. A 12 game schedule at the D1 level is hard on the body. It will be entertaining as hell for the fans and I admit, I half heartedly watch the cupcake games.

The last team I coached on, the HC (figure head only) scheduled 10 straight games and took the "bye" week in week one to get some extra practice time. So imagine, 10 straight weeks and then roll into the playoffs. Brutal. The cupcake games serve a purpose. 2nd and 3rd teamers get game reps, starters can rest a little and heal, practice that week can and should go a little easier, and give the players a chance to heal.

I no longer have any concern for the impact on the players bodies. They are professional athletes now so they need to suck it up and play each week or step aside for the next guy.

- No more fake concerns about academics/ finals
- No more concerns about players health

This is what they asked for/ demanded so let’s juice up schedules with all Power 5 games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont. Im saying if you have a 64 team type league, there wont be any G5's to schedule.
We schedule teams outside of the conference now and will continue to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I no longer have any concern for the impact on the players bodies. They are professional athletes now .
No they arent.

They are just like every other student on campus now.

before they were the only students with special restrictions.

Last edited:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
No they arent.

They are just like every other student on campus now.
NFL is now going to 17 games, plus the 3 preseason tuneups. Then add the playoffs
and it's over 20. Any guy suiting up for college ball has dreams of an NFL career.
Might as well get used to the grind

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NFL is now going to 17 games, plus the 3 preseason tuneups. Then add the playoffs
and it's over 20. Any guy suiting up for college ball has dreams of an NFL career.
Might as well get used to the grind
we can't hire free agents in the middle of the season if players get hurt.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
we can't hire free agents in the middle of the season if players get hurt.
Nope
Replacements are built in to the roster.
NFL = 53 man roster

The new get paid to play in the NFL minor league has 85 “scholarships” plus unlimited walk on availability of an entire campus full of spoiled woke leftists, just biting at the bit to get on the field.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Brett_McMurphy: BYU, Cincinnati, Houston & UCF are Big 12’s expansion choices & league could extend invites this month, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. BYU could join next season, a year or so before others. Also, all 4 could join before OU/Texas leave for SEC, source said Sources: Top Big 12 Targets BYU, Cincinnati, UCF & Houston Could Receive Invite This Month

That might be the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen. The pretty girls haven’t even finished packing or officially left, and you’re inviting what amounts to the Ole Miss Softball team to move in, as some sort of “we’re totally fine, you’ll see” type move. They would’ve been better shutting the whole thing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.