Ackerman: LDR needs to produce

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The only thing that McElwain is proving by keeping Del Rio in the game is that he's a hard-headed, mediocre football coach.

This is ugly and there's no way to sugar coat it. It's not play calling. It's Del Rio. I don't like "bashing" players, but he's done. McElwain has done to LDR what he did to Treon and what Muschamp did to Driskel. The confidence is shot. He's done. Stick a fork in him.

Agree with the first part. On the second part, the only issue I'd take is that Mac didn't destroy LDR's confidence (which is obviously shot), LDR did that. Failure to perform only re-enforces itself. How is Mac supposed to fix that? Yank him? Is leaving him in to try and overcome his issues 'doing to LDR what he did to Treon"?

Personally, I do think we should have yanked him - not going to undermine LDR's confidence any further. Despite my lecturing my kids to never say 'it cant get any worse (because it will)', I am looking at AA thinking it cant get worse than what LDR is doing to us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree with the first part. On the second part, the only issue I'd take is that Mac didn't destroy LDR's confidence (which is obviously shot), LDR did that. Failure to perform only re-enforces itself. How is Mac supposed to fix that? Yank him? Is leaving him in to try and overcome his issues 'doing to LDR what he did to Treon"?

Personally, I do think we should have yanked him - not going to undermine LDR's confidence any further. Despite my lecturing my kids to never say 'it cant get any worse (because it will)', I am looking at AA thinking it cant get worse than what LDR is doing to us.

Del Rio should have never taken a 2nd half snap. He was done.

As far as AA; the kid never got a chance. He played ON THE ROAD in both of his starts....the first being at UT, he was thrown to the wolves (and actually didn't do too bad). Vandy has given A LOT of QBs a hard time this year, so AA's performance was about on par w/ other SEC QBs that have played Vandy. Also, AA has never played behind the starting OL. He played behind a patchwork OL. The last 3 games Del Rio played behind the starting OL and failed miserably. AA has the arm and his INT/TD ratio is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Del Rio's. It couldn't have hurt anything to put AA in the game Saturday and it should have been done. It proved that McElwain is as hard-headed as Muschamp was and it's going to cost him his job....and us, the fans, a lot of heartache.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Like I said, Del Rio should have never taken a 2nd half snap:

“Looking back, hindsight is 20-20. At halftime of that ball game, I think it speaks to the belief of our team and the toughness of Luke, and yet sometimes you’ve got to be honest,” McElwain said. “He was banged up, played that way and, you know, looking myself in the mirror we should have made a change at halftime. And yet, part of the reason that we didn’t, obviously didn’t know the severity of it, No. 1, and No. 2, there wasn’t ever a panic. He didn’t play up to par and you understand why.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator