Adding graduate transfer linebacker Anthony Harrell of Georgia Tech NOW

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good news. Notice Mcelwain seems to be getting bodies for our two biggest needs, OL and LB. I like it

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator grad on the scene!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great news!! A very needy position and experienced too. Mac is filling the needs little by little. I'd give him an A so far for the way he closed the recruiting cycle and picked up bodies during this period. Now just coach them up and win!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n240161 said:
Great news!! A very needy position and experienced too. Mac is filling the needs little by little. I'd give him an A so far for the way he closed the recruiting cycle and picked up bodies during this period. Now just coach them up and win!

I concur. It also makes me wonder if the resources they're spending looking to fill holes on our current roster may be hurting us a bit in recruiting right now. :dunno:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n240164 said:
I concur. It also makes me wonder if the resources they're spending looking to fill holes on our current roster may be hurting us a bit in recruiting right now. :dunno:
I understand your point, but I would answer by saying it would be easy to say to a LB recruit that because of the depth he would see early rotation time and those ahead of him will be gone soon. On a general note, I think the coaching staff realizes that winning will get us the recruits we need, so being able to field a team with the depth to make it through the season is a higher priority.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Outstanding news! As was already mentioned above, this provides depth at a position of need from an experienced player. The leadership and intelligence aspects from a senior, presumably a smart kid if he was able to graduate from GT, are added bonuses.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With such an issue at depth, we just need bodies. Let's try to get talent through recruiting.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what Jake from State Farm thinks about this guy using his name for Twitter. The gold is not too far off from khaki.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I believe a lot of this "mining" of under the radar guys who are immediately eligible is due to the new support staff that Mac has been able to convince Foley that was needed.

They've been good catches at positions of need. However, no game breakers. The OT from Fordham appears to be the best chance to start.

On another note, funny how now that Jimbo has Golston for his QB, FSU is suddenly suspending another QB for allegedly punching a woman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n240164 said:
I wouldn't know how that could be the case. We really can't recruit or contact these kids until they are released by the previous school. Any gauging of interest must be done through intermediaries.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This may also give AM a break coming back from injury sooner than he needs. And if he can play maybe lessen his reps until mid season or so.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AM, AA, and Rolin all have significant injury histories and Jeremy Powell is a safety that is too slow to play safety. We need a body in the worst way. I won't be surprised to see him start much of the year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Makes you wonder what the "minister" will do if we have a couple of guys go down.....as curious as I am about offense this coming year I'm a tad worried about being down a bit on defense. We had a few bad moments in the first half of last season but we were playing as well as anyone at the end.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder why GT is claiming he's been suspended?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;240212 said:
AM, AA, and Rolin all have significant injury histories and Jeremy Powell is a safety that is too slow to play safety. We need a body in the worst way. I won't be surprised to see him start much of the year.

McMillian may be a starter.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n240164 said:
Could be, but in this instance picking up a 5th year player should not impact us as much being a one and done.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GT didn't want him anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online