Recruiting Adonis Thomas is a Gator!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ said:
sonomagator;n22426 said:
Agree with this and w/Oline projection, don't forget Burrell. here's a couple of articles from 24/7 www.florida.247sports.com/Article/Top247-LB-Adonis-Thomas-commits-to-the-florida-gators-30005167/ and www.florida.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Adonis-Thomas-talks-about-picking-UF-30006773/ . Towards the end Thomas says he expects both Smith and Coney to commit.

I've seen very little on Burrell other than he was at Friday Night Lights. I'm not really sure where he sits but his offer sheet is impressive.
One other thing to note is that Kendrick Norton de committed from FSU because they wanted him to be a guard. If he comes to UF it will be as a DT from what I've read anyway.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
An offensive line class of:

Jordan
Brown
Horton
Ivey
Isaiah Prince
Kendrick Norton
Edit: Jalen Merrick

Is very likely. That would probably be the best OL recruiting class we've ever had.

Thanks for pointing out that I left off Merrick Homer. I don't know how I forgot him. He would be a huge get.
I believe we have a good shot at all of those, except Prince. I don't see him coming to UF, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator said:
But I thought Boom sucked at recruiting? It's been a good week, Go Gators.
ufgator - didn't Muschamp receive some type of award in 2012? Something like, "Coach of the Year"? Have you forgotten about all the halftime adjustments he made in '12, that got us quite a few victories? I think I'll go with Spurrier and all the other coaches, who say Muschamp is a great coach. The only real mistakes he's made is picking OC's, after listening to Brown and Saban. I believe he learned his lesson and made what appears to be a great hire - one that he did on his own.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
sonomagator;n22426 said:
Agree with this and w/Oline projection, don't forget Burrell. here's a couple of articles from 24/7 www.florida.247sports.com/Article/Top247-LB-Adonis-Thomas-commits-to-the-florida-gators-30005167/ and www.florida.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Adonis-Thomas-talks-about-picking-UF-30006773/ . Towards the end Thomas says he expects both Smith and Coney to commit.

I've seen very little on Burrell other than he was at Friday Night Lights. I'm not really sure where he sits but his offer sheet is impressive.
I believe we get Burrell. His relationship with Summers can't be stressed enough - he really likes the man. I don't feel as good about Norton, for some reason, even though, he seems to like UF a lot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
sonomagator;n22426 said:

I think Norton is becoming more of a lean toward us every day. Kid loves UF. As far as Burrell, I love it that we're influencing Ohio kids.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator said:
I don't recall seeing those same adjustments last year. Possible Dan Quinn was a big part of that. WM has been hit or miss with his hires, and not just at OC. E.g. joker, davis. Dan Quinn was obviously a pretty good one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Not that it matters what is Thomas's ranking
Thanks I knew he was rated pretty high justed wanted to see how high. Looks like we may have a pretty solid linebacker class

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Best thing is the fact that right now Saban if probably standing up in his highchair having a hissy fit. First he finds out Scarborough won't qualify this year now he loses an lb he really wanted.
:lol:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great news! Welcome to Gator Nation!! (pending signing loi : )

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator said:
Quinn came to Uf to continue learning from Muschamp, no it wasn't all Quinn. Muschamp deserved COY . part of the reason he got it was the other coaches knew the adversity he had with the team he took over, and voted him in because of the coaching job he did.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
sonomagator;n22426 said:

GI it certainly isn't gonna hurt with Burrell that a Gator great is his HS, who he loves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.