Ahmad Black back as a UF assistant coach

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I like this hire and hopes it is a positive. Black was a fairly highly recruited CB who could not play the position a lick and was on the verge of leaving. But thru hard work, he became a more than serviceable Strong Safety and helped us win a lot of games. No his coverage skills were never great, but as a SS he knew where to be and was really never out of position. Perhaps he can lend his knowledge to the current group in regards to route combos and recognition, coverage angles when having to roll over to replace a blitzing CB or cover a RB out of the backfield. Welcome aboard Black. I hope it works out b/c this staff needs anyone who can help teach fundamentals.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
One of the best form tacklers we've ever had.

Not the most physically gifted (and that's being generous) but the dude was never out of position and never missed a tackle.

I always thought he'd make a fine coach someday.

Wish him all the best.

Alex.

This. The players who can't rely on pure athletic ability and are forced to be disciplined in their technique and football IQ are usually the best coaching candidates. I'm hoping AB really makes a big impact at UF.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good thing in so many ways. Gotta admit, Mac has done much better surrounding himself with guys that can relate to the players and help him overcome his recruiting struggles.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any downsides to this. It's great that Black will be back with the team, and I think he'll be a great role model for these kids.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This is a good thing in so many ways. Gotta admit, Mac has done much better surrounding himself with guys that can relate to the players and help him overcome his recruiting struggles.
I thought that was going to be the case with Chris Leak. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.