Alabama # 2 QB transfering

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's a rumor floating around that Franks has made some strides. He appears to be ahead of trask. He was the one working with the 2s last week. Doubt the coaches wanna add another qb with allen coming in next year too.

No longer a rumor:

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20160928/ARTICLES/160929943?p=1&tc=pg

Injured starting quarterback Luke Del Rio returned to practice on a limited basis Wednesday and there's a chance he could be cleared to play in Saturday's game at Vanderbilt in an emergency situation.

UF coach Jim McElwain said he'll know more about Del Rio's status in the next few days.

McElwain said he is questionable for Saturday's game, after saying on Monday that he was highly, highly doubtful.

When asked who would step in at quarterback Saturday if Austin Appleby gets hurt Saturday, McElwain said, “One of freshmen (Feleipe Franks or Kyle Trask) or could be Luke.”

“I would say he's definitely questionable,” he said. “I think the big piece based on what he did today in practice, we've got to see how the injury responds. Obviously he'd be a guy that we could put in there (if Austin Appleby get hurts), hopefully, but we'll see. If not one of those (freshmen) will be ready to go and off we go.”

Del Rio sprained his left knee Sept. 17 against North Texas. The original diagnosis was he would be out for two to four weeks. He made the trip to Tennessee last Saturday and dressed out, wearing a brace on his injured knee.

He returned to practice Wednesday.

“You saw Luke out there, he did some of the individual drills, a little bit of skelly,” McElwain said. “We'll see how that feels in the morning. He would go anyway just like he did last week. Austin has had a good week and is ready to go play again. That should be good.”

McElwain said Franks took most of the reps with the No. 2 offense Wednesday.

“But both (freshmen) have been doing a really good job,” he said

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to burn a redshirt for a week or two, but it would have been fun to watch The Idiots go nuts when Franks strutted out on the field.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to burn a redshirt for a week or two, but it would have been fun to watch The Idiots go nuts when Franks strutted out on the field.
I'd like to see next years starter get a few snaps this year. Probably not gonna happen though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are delusional if you think anyone but LDR is going to be our QB the next three years.

Hell, even Grier knew it.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it's open competition in the offseason. I'd be lying if I said LDR impressed me.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it's open competition in the offseason. I'd be lying if I said LDR impressed me.

Me too. I think his celing is pretty average. If Franks gets the mental part down he should be able to win the job possibly.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whichever freshman QB is the future is the one that won't be playing. They aren't going to waste a year on a few snaps. If Frank's is in fact the backup right now, it means he's the trash. We'll find out next year, because LDR is average at best. Mac knows he isn't winning anything with him starting.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I doubt Saban would release him to another SEC school.

I laughed out loud at Saban's comments related to this situation. Said his Dad would never have let him come back home as a youngster if he had quit his team. The Miami Dolphin irony is quite rich. Not to mention the fact that he didn't mind ACCEPTING a transfer QB who had "quit" on his former team....in fact he won a national title using that quitter.

Makes me think he has a foggy short term memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.