Alabama vs Texas A&M

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Settling for a FG is stalling. Stop the madness with this argument.

Points is points bro. If our hard-headed coach would stop trying to prove a point, and take the 3 points when it's there, we'd have about a 6-9 point increase in our PPG stats on the year. I'll concede the point that if you land on 4th down and have to kick (punt or FG), it's stalling out, but we've been getting too cute and settling for 0 points when we should have gotten 3 points too dang much this year. Stalling out and taking 3 doesn't bother me nearly as much as stalling out and walking away with 0 points because you tried to prove a point and failed. I hate that crap. It also does the exact opposite of what you intended. Instead of proving to your OLine they "can", it proves to them they "can't" and if you don't think that leaves a lasting impression on those kids, then I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason FGs are counted in red zone efficiency stats.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Points is points bro. If our hard-headed coach would stop trying to prove a point, and take the 3 points when it's there, we'd have about a 6-9 point increase in our PPG stats on the year. I'llconcede the point that if you land on 4th down and have to kick (punt or FG), it's stalling out, but we've been getting too cute and settling for 0 points when we should have gotten 3 points too dang much this year. Stalling out and taking 3 doesn't bother me nearly as much as stalling out and walking away with 0 points because you tried to prove a point and failed. I hate that crap. It also does the exact opposite of what you intended. Instead of proving to your OLine they "can", it proves to them they "can't" and if you don't think that leaves a lasting impression on those kids, then I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason FGs are counted in red zone efficiency stats.

Thought this was the argument :lol:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
With Eddy P., field goals are the only time the team gets an honest shot of positive enthusiasm. 3 points and fist-pumping...beats stuffed 4th down attempt every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator