Alex Anzalone to enter NFL Draft

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
His thank you to Gator Nation--

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-uf-a-personal-letter-from-alex-anzalone.aspx

Growing up the biggest Florida fan in Wyomissing, Penn., I remember sitting in my living room watching the Gators play on television every Saturday. Each time Rex Grossman threw a touchdown, I would jump up and down and yell as I ran around the whole house. As I got older, I remember telling my dad, 'There's no way I can ever play for them.' He insisted that anything is possible and if I really set my mind to something, I could accomplish it.

He was right.

Four years ago, I had the opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream and become a part of the Gator Nation.

Looking back on my journey, I never would have imagined how much this school would impact me. The relationships I have built with my teammates, friends, coaches and support staff will not only last a lifetime, but truly show how special this university is.

We've had our ups and downs these past four years, but the commitment and love that so many people have for this program is what makes the University of Florida great.

I am beyond thankful for being a Gator.

Each Saturday when I ran out the tunnel, I ran right to the other end zone and thanked God for giving me this special opportunity. I gave it my all every day and I have no regrets as I look back.

Thank you to all of my teammates who have become brothers to me. All of the memories we made will always stay with me. Being voted captain by all of you this year was my greatest honor. Thank you for that.

Thank you Coach (Will) Muschamp and Coach (D.J.) Durkin for giving an opportunity to a kid from a small town in Pennsylvania who wanted to live his dream.

Thank you Coach (Jim) McElwain, Coach (Randy) Shannon, Coach (Geoff) Collins, Coach (Chris) Rumph and all of the other coaches and staff who believed in me when not many people did. All of you have helped get me to this point in my life. Not only has this staff brought our winning culture back on the field, they have positively impacted all of my teammates' lives, including mine.

The University of Florida has prepared me well to embrace my decision to enter the NFL Draft.

I will forever bleed Orange and Blue.

Thank you for everything Gator Nation,

Alex Anzalone

Alex.

Last edited:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's been a great Gator and I wish him all the best in the NFL. He has definitely become one of my favorites on this team and I loved watching him play in the O&B.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Expected. He needed to get out and get a paycheck before his body gives up the ghost. He's had a fragile career. Loads of talent, but he's one of those guys that just can't stay healthy for long.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a classy kid. I wish him nothing but the best. I think he made the right decision and if he can stay healthy he can be an impact player for somebody.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him all the best. I hope he can stay healthy enough to thrive. At the very least I hope he can make it to his second contract payday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Best of Luck Alex. The absolute correct decision, as his draft status is below his talent due to his injury history. Even one healthy season would not have helped him much. He has a lot of wear and tear on his body already and any football for him in the future needs to come with monetary compensation. I think he can survive in the NFL (health pending) as a very good special teamer and a very serviceable backup LB. Stay healthy Alex and thank for your Gator service!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wish you the best Alex!! God bless you young man and thank you for giving it your all for us in the Orange and Blue!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is one player that I will say good for him. Alex has given his heart, soul and body to the Gators and now here's to wishing him the best of luck.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Humble, grateful and thoughtful are a great combination of character qualities. Alex makes Gator Nation proud. Way to go Alex and best of luck in the NFL.

:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He was our Clay Matthews. Wish he could play "lights-out" one more whole season without injuries.
Best of good fortune, Alex.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think we're all pretty much in agreement this is the right move for him.

He was really fun to watch this year. We've had some impressive linebackers here, but before their injuries he and Davis were arguably as good a pair of LBs as we've ever had play together.

Go forth and prosper, Mr. Anzalone. And stay healthy.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll assume Marianna doesn't understand clapping to mean approval of the letter and happiness for the kid or maybe the thumbs up/down meaning is confusing.:lmao2: I still like ya brother despite the errant trigger finger :thumbup:.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good player and apparently a heck of a teammate as well. Selfishly I was hoping Riley Cooper's little sister could keep him on campus for another year, but this decision is what is best for him and his future.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He was certainly the prettiest LB we ever had.....(btw My hair was almost that long at 18 and I was a LB on the football team at the time.............)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator