Anonymous player exit interview

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Comedy gold - they really were brainwashed by Muschamp.

From what you saw, did Muschamp handcuff Kurt Roper's offense at all this past year?

From my freshman year to the last game Muschamp was there, whatever anybody tells you is false because he never handcuffed Roper, never handcuffed (Brent) Pease. He certainly never handcuffed (Charlie) Weis. When we have a great defense like we've had for as long as Muschamp was here, there's no need to go out there and try to do something fancy. I mean, we were one play away from going to the national championship in 2012. We threw the ball more the next couple of years, and look how we did. Muschamp gets a bad rap because he's not an offensive guy and everybody around here loves offensive guys.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n175039 said:

From what you saw, did Muschamp handcuff Kurt Roper's offense at all this past year?

From my freshman year to the last game Muschamp was there, whatever anybody tells you is false because he never handcuffed Roper, never handcuffed (Brent) Pease. He certainly never handcuffed (Charlie) Weis. When we have a great defense like we've had for as long as Muschamp was here, there's no need to go out there and try to do something fancy. I mean, we were one play away from going to the national championship in 2012. We threw the ball more the next couple of years, and look how we did. Muschamp gets a bad rap because he's not an offensive guy and everybody around here loves offensive guys.

Did throw more, but a lot more is a wrong.

Passing Attempts per game 22.2 Rushing attempts per game 41.5

Passing Attempts per game 25.9 Rushing attempts per game 40.2

Passing Attempts per game 27.0 Rushing attempts per game 43.1

He is right about we love offensive, that doesn't mean that Muschamp got a bad rap.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n175039 said:

How would a player know? Lets be realistic... a player isn't in the meetings with the coaches going over gameplan. The player isn't in the meetings where an OC is saying I want to do this and this and Muschamp is saying... no let's run the ball... I want to be conservative...

Plus... this could be a defensive player for all we know...

The bottom line is that Muschamp was fired because his team's were not successful. I think even the players realize that they under performed. In the first part of the article he talked about the South Carolina game and that being the game that sealed his fate.

The results are on the HC. Either the game plan was bad or the players didn't execute... either way... it's on the coach. He is gone... we are moving on. We have a bright future with McElwain.. I prefer to focus on that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n175043 said:
How would a player know? Lets be realistic... a player isn't in the meetings with the coaches going over gameplan. The player isn't in the meetings where an OC is saying I want to do this and this and Muschamp is saying... no let's run the ball... I want to be conservative...

The bottom line is that Muschamp was fired because his team's were not successful. I think even the players realize that they under performed. In the first part of the article he talked about the South Carolina game and that being the game that sealed his fate.

The results are on the HC. Either the game plan was bad or the players didn't execute... either way... it's on the coach. He is gone... we are moving on. We have a bright future with McElwain.. I prefer to focus on that.

FYI, the first part we got was the second part of the article according to the post above. This portion was the first part.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n175043 said:

My guess is its a defensive player also but it possibly might be an O lineman just looking at what he is saying.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This was a WM exit interview.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n175046 said:
My guess is its a defensive player also but it possibly might be an O lineman just looking at what he is saying.

By what was said, I'm assuming Oline or an under Utilized Offensive Position like H-back or Fullback.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n175048 said:
This was a WM exit interview.

WM exit interview involved a lot of chalkboards and coloring books.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sundaysunday;n174484 said:
Lazy how? I've never heard this in reference to Driskel. I do remember reading that when C Weis was here there was frustration that he wasn't spending enough time in the film room but I had not heard anything like that since.
People inside the program.

Then before the season when Driskel admitted in the GSMB article that he thought it was going to be easy like HS and that he didn't prepare enough, didn't watch enough film.

He was also known for slacking in the weight room. Roper told him to lose 15 lbs of that beer belly when he arrived.

The "he knows the playbook" is the last excuse for the Chimpsters.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;175271 said:
He may have known the playbook inside and out. Unfortunately he didn't know how to apply it against anyone other than EKU's third string

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n174977 said:
We know the players liked chump. That doesnt translate into good coaching. I dont buy that 3 OCs sucked either.

Reminds me of all the bucs players that loved raheem morris. He sucked too.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
Law98gator;175271 said:
He may have known the playbook inside and out. Unfortunately he didn't know how to apply it against anyone other than EKU's third string

This. I never saw him confused pre snap. He always got people lined up properly, and if the initial read was a mile open he hit it fine. It was when the bullets started flying and he had to make a play that he would have his brainfarts.

Also in the section about not handcuffing the OCs the player denies it then admits to it. He said with a defense like they had there was no reason to try anything crazy on offense. That sounds to me like Muschamp telling the OC to not lose the game for the defense.

Just to make a guess as to who the player is I would say Max Garcia. This sounds like him. He is too nice to say anything bad about anybody.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n175271 said:
People inside the program.

Then before the season when Driskel admitted in the GSMB article that he thought it was going to be easy like HS and that he didn't prepare enough, didn't watch enough film.

He was also known for slacking in the weight room. Roper told him to lose 15 lbs of that beer belly when he arrived.

Don't doubt Driskel knew the playbook, he was always moving players into their correct position pre-snap. It was post snap that it all fell apart. He couldn't read defenses and he is the type of player who is too dependent on things going perfect. Without a Offensive line and receivers who could consistently catch what hits them on the hands. It snow balled, then he would start Driskeling. When things were going perfect you could see the natural talent. But Football isn't played perfect, which is why a quarterback can't rely on perfect conditions.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
8802Gator;n175368 said:
Just to make a guess as to who the player is I would say Max Garcia. This sounds like him. He is too nice to say anything bad about anybody.

Not that I want to know who is being interviewed, but you are right - too nice, sounds like him. Also sounds like someone who was in awe of our defense, and not big picture enough to see how the offense sucked and needed to improve. Someone content with being the weak side of the ball, as long as you try hard. Someone not willing to blame coaches, or more likely not savvy enough to recognize the blame that belonged on the coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n175368 said:
This. I never saw him confused pre snap. He always got people lined up properly, and if the initial read was a mile open he hit it fine. It was when the bullets started flying and he had to make a play that he would have his brainfarts.

Also in the section about not handcuffing the OCs the player denies it then admits to it. He said with a defense like they had there was no reason to try anything crazy on offense. That sounds to me like Muschamp telling the OC to not lose the game for the defense.

It cant be Garcia if he was here as a freshman like he said in the interview. Garcia didn't play here until 2013 I think after he transferred.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n175472 said:
It cant be Garcia if he was here as a freshman like he said in the interview. Garcia didn't play here until 2013 I think after he transferred.

Garcia came in 2012, so he wouldn't be able to speak to 2011... he was at Maryland

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n175478 said:
Garcia came in 2012, so he wouldn't be able to speak to 2011... he was at Maryland

Yep I think he came here in 2012 but didn't play until 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator