Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't want to start a new thread for this so putting it here.
I was pursuing NFL.com's draft profile pages and noticed that they seem to have a top five already listed. On their separate profile pages they show:
#1 Bryce Young Panthers
#2 CJ Stroud Texans
#3 Will Anderson Cardinals
#4 Will Levis Ravens (Ravens don't pick #4 at the moment)
#5 Jalen Carter Seahawks

I checked a bunch of other top prospect profiles and didn't see this. Very curious especially with the whole NFL is scripted thing that's been going around.
To make it thread relevant, AR wasn't one that had an assigned team there, so in this conspiracy isn't going top 5. image (1).png

Last edited:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Don't want to start a new thread for this so putting it here.
I was pursuing NFL.com's draft profile pages and noticed that they seem to have a top five already listed. On their separate profile pages they show:
#1 Bryce Young Panthers
#2 CJ Stroud Texans
#3 Will Anderson Cardinals
#4 Will Levis Ravens (Ravens don't pick #4 at the moment)
#5 Jalen Carter Seahawks

I checked a bunch of other top prospect profiles and didn't see this. Very curious especially with the whole NFL is scripted thing that's been going around.
To make it thread relevant, AR wasn't one that had an assigned team there, so in this conspiracy isn't going top 5. View attachment 56607

I don't see the Ravens trading Lamar to the dolts. Especially after signing Odel at WR.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's guaranteed a pick in the top 4 - why open your mouth at all right now? He should be as quiet as a church mouse - talking or writing anything can only hurt his stock.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's guaranteed a pick in the top 4 - why open your mouth at right now? He should be as quiet as a church mouse - talking or writing anything can only hurt his stock.
I'm in the same camp as you here. I guess Vernell Brown still isn't working... :whistle:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Anthony Richardson, Florida​

Most frequent scout/exec comps: Cam Newton, Justin Fields, Josh Allen, Donovan McNabb

Scout/exec draft range: Top 5 (ceiling), top 10-15 (floor)

Richardson has the highest upside in the draft by a Florida mile, per scouts and executives we interviewed -- he was very close to Tier 1. He showed massive ability in 13 starts at Florida and at the NFL combine with an eye-popping 4.43-second 40 and a 40.5-inch vertical at 6-foot-4, 244 pounds. He's an explosive player who was "putting his head in the rim" by age 15, according to an NFL coordinator.

"If you just watched him and knew nothing about [résumé], you'd take him No. 1 and not think twice," an NFL personnel evaluator said. "He makes really hard s--- look really easy." Added an NFC exec, "I don't want to play [against] him. He's the guy out of this draft that I'd least like to play. Better quarterback playing the position than given credit for. He can read it out and has some good throws."

Among teams, there is huge variance on where he should be drafted. Multiple teams have both first- and fourth-round grades on him among their scouts, with decision-making and accuracy the primary concerns among his detractors. Richardson completed 53.2% of passes at Gainesville (Fla.) High School and 53.8% for the Gators in 2022.

"To ask him to suddenly be a really accurate passer at the next level is asking a lot. He just hasn't done it, and the tape was not good," an NFL scouting director said. "He will need to sit for a year." Added a veteran NFL coach: "If he was a transcendent talent, why wasn't Florida better when he was there?" The Gators went 6-7 in Richardson's lone year as a starter. Those who disagree with that thinking argue that Florida's personnel was quite bad last season, dooming Richardson from the start.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
AR pens a letter to GMs

This reads as if Vernell Brown is in his ear. VB is a good dood and a positive influence on AR.
But, while this was neat to read, it was likely unnecessary UNLESS there happens to be 1 GM sitting in the top 5 that was on the fence about AR and this letter pushed them off the fence and into AR's camp.
And you need only reach 1 GM. :wink2:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Im rooting for AR, but I'm with Ox....this was unneccessary and could only hurt his chances in my opinion. Time will tell.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I just actually read the letter for the first time. I'd say he cost himself at least $25 million dollars.
I root for that type of kid. Apparently you don't. Besides, he doesn't really need $25 million. Just needs about $1-2 Mil to take care of his mom and little brother. He would have stayed for another chance at college glory, but needed to take care of his family.

Side note: My dad took 6 years to finish high school because he had to stay home often and help with the family business. Also quit college early without the engineering degree that he wanted (took a math degree instead) so that he could begin working and making money to take care of his family.

Not everyone can stay home 3D-printing StarWars toys for a living.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I root for that type of kid. Apparently you don't. Besides, he doesn't really need $25 million. Just needs about $1-2 Mil to take care of his mom and little brother. He would have stayed for another chance at college glory, but needed to take care of his family.

Side note: My dad took 6 years to finish high school because he had to stay home often and help with the family business. Also quit college early without the engineering degree that he wanted (took a math degree instead) so that he could begin working and making money to take care of his family.

Not everyone can stay home 3D-printing StarWars toys for a living.
It was a joke you dolt. I don't remember you having this much of a stick up your ass before. Don't worry your little heart and wipe those tears away, he's going to earn and waste tens of millions of dollars because of his God-given physical gifts. He won the genetics lottery and as a result will be given generational wealth before he's old enough to drink. The rest of us will scrape by, either by making Star Wars props or something else.

Wow, and he "only" needs 2 million to take care of his family? Your father did that for far less. Besides, I doubt he'll share one dime of his contract with his family, if he even has one. He probably hired actors for those pictures and made the whole thing up.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It was a joke you dolt. I don't remember you having this much of a stick up your ass before.

I doubt he'll share one dime of his earnings with his family, if he even has one. He probably hired actors for those pictures and made the whole thing up.
Leave AR alone, you bully.

jsbtn.jpg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It was a joke you dolt. I don't remember you having this much of a stick up your ass before. Don't worry your little heart and wipe those tears away, he's going to earn and waste tens of millions of dollars because of his God-given physical gifts. He won the genetics lottery and will be given generational wealth before he's old enough to drink. The rest of us will scrape by, either by making Star Wars props or something else.

I doubt he'll share one dime of his contract with his family, if he even has one. He probably hired actors for those pictures and made the whole thing up.
Telling you again Ox, a sarcasm font would save no end of grief. Of course it would cut down on the clicks. BTW, I knew you were joking because no way AR gets more than 10 Mil, so he couldn't lose 25.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is the time of year when every organization lies to camouflage their true intent.

Most think Bryce Young and CJ Stroud go in the first two picks (though maybe not in that order).

Now we're hearing rumors that Houston might want to trade down instead of taking one of those 2 QBs with the second pick.

After Young and Stroud, you have Will Levis, Anthony Richardson, and (maybe) Hendon Hooker. Those guys could go anywhere between 3 and 25 (except maybe Hooker who looked better on tape than Levis or Richardson).

We know there is a heavy premium on QBs in the NFL, and we know every team and GM is lying about everything right now.

No matter what, I wish the kid the best and will root for him and all Gators in the NFL.

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think AR goes top 5.

Could be BS – but they were talking about Stroud maybe falling out of the top 10. ESPN has an article on this. it said he did not do well at his S2 recognition test. And background checks have identified that he is not very coachable.

Here’s a little clip on where Dan Orlovsky thinks AR will go:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think AR goes top 5.

Could be BS – but they were talking about Stroud maybe falling out of the top 10. ESPN has an article on this. it said he did not do well at his S2 recognition test. And background checks have identified that he is not very coachable.

Here’s a little clip on where Dan Orlovsky thinks AR will go:

Wherever he goes, they would be well served to have a little patience with him.
Though, going that high, I suspect he's going to get thrown to the wolves

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.