Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Best of luck to you young man. Once a Gator always a Gator (unless you like kill someone, or distribute CP, or dress up and do a photo shoot in dwag gear, or some other heinous act).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Best of luck to you young man. Once a Gator always a Gator (unless you like kill someone, or distribute CP, or dress up and do a photo shoot in dwag gear, or some other heinous act).

Sounds like a swipe at a Gator great to me. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but you’re wrong here. He’s still a Gator and always will be. Maybe people should be more careful when they’re walking around a club with a mixed drink in hand.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Shouldn’t surprise anyone, think the writing has been on the wall most of the season. Maybe he’ll get the development he needs at the next level, and is not thrown to the wolves.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sounds like a swipe at a Gator great to me. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but you’re wrong here. He’s still a Gator and always will be. Maybe people should be more careful when they’re walking around a club with a mixed drink in hand.
I’m surprised to hear you defend Muschamp like this and calling him a Gator great is certainly a stretch :rolleyes2:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
So our offense will be helped but we'll score "significantly" less points?

:drunk2:

Doofus, a QB that can make consistent throws is the antidote to run-stuffing defenses.
A game changer at QB who can flick a wrist and throw it 70 yards or bust a run through your whole team commands the attention of the defense. Regular Ole Transfer Joe from Perdue ain't going to command the respect of sh!t. Our offense will score 10% less points in 2023, guaranteed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A game changer at QB who can flick a wrist and throw it 70 yards or bust a run through your whole team commands the attention of the defense. Regular Ole Transfer Joe from Perdue ain't going to command the respect of sh!t. Our offense will score 10% less points in 2023, guaranteed.
This is the dumbest post you've ever made, and that's really saying something.

Let this sink in: AR HURT OUR OFFENSE ALL YEAR. He made some plays, but hurt us more than helped us, especially with his reluctance to run. Offense is going to be better next season, I'm sure of it.

There's a reason why most of us are glad he's moving on.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is the dumbest post you've ever made, and that's really saying something.

Let this sink in: AR HURT OUR OFFENSE ALL YEAR. He made some plays, but hurt us more than helped us, especially with his reluctance to run. Offense is going to be better next season, I'm sure of it.

There's a reason why most of us are glad he's moving on.
1.) My posts are 90%+ accurate. Deal with it.
2.) AR-15 plus running behind Cy'Bo was our offense. Now they're both gone.
3.) Every DC we faced lost sleep worrying about AR going off on them. Every single one.
4.) Every DC we faced game-planned around stopping AR first. That will now cease. Now you just game plan to stop ETN and Johnson.
5.) The throws AR missed were mostly screens and short passes (he has no touch). So more screens and short passes, less 30 yard ropes.
6.) The new QB will be in his first year with Napier's offense. The good news is the offense is simple. The bad news is this will be their first year, and they will miss a lot of throws also.
7.) If the new guy hits 60%+ of his passes, he'll be an improvement over AR's accuracy, but yards per catch will be down significantly.
8.) Points per game will be down in 2023. Book it.

Bottom line is I think you underestimate how much of a headache a QB like AR causes the defense. You can't replace 1st round NFL talent with a college journeyman. I think we'll be average at QB next season compared to crazy talented, erratic AR.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
1.) My posts are 90%+ accurate. Deal with it.
2.) AR-15 plus running behind Cy'Bo was our offense. Now they're both gone.
3.) Every DC we faced lost sleep worrying about AR going off on them. Every single one.
4.) Every DC we faced game-planned around stopping AR first. That will now cease. Now you just game plan to stop ETN and Johnson.
5.) The throws AR missed were mostly screens and short passes (he has no touch). So more screens and short passes, less 30 yard ropes.
6.) The new QB will be in his first year with Napier's offense. The good news is the offense is simple. The bad news is this will be their first year, and they will miss a lot of throws also.
7.) If the new guy hits 60%+ of his passes, he'll be an improvement over AR's accuracy, but yards per catch will be down significantly.
8.) Point per game will be down in 2023. Book it.

Bottom line is I think you underestimate how much of a headache a QB like AR causes the defense. You can't replace 1st round NFL talent with a college journeyman. I think we'll be average at QB next season compared to crazy talented, erratic AR.
Absolutely terrible post. Awful.

If AR actually lived up to his potential and was freaking Lamar Jackson on the ground like he should have been every game, you would have a point. We also would have won a lot more than 6 games this season.

Alas, game-planning against AR became EASY for opposing DC's. Just contain him in the pocket (he doesn't like to run anyway) and watch him miss throws all day long. Team after team after team did it to him. Our running game suffered down the stretch as no one respected his passing. Even VANDY did it.

You say "book it" one more time you'll get a vacation.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
........... Bottom line is I think you underestimate how much of a headache a QB like AR causes the defense. You can't replace 1st round NFL talent with a college journeyman. I think we'll be average at QB next season compared to crazy talented, erratic AR.
You underestimate how much of a headache he gave to Gator fans watching him miss wide-open receivers all friggin season.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think the real question we should all be asking is can we still bet Oregon State +7.5 points in the bowl game. Easy money.
Where's Miller at anyways? Is he still on the team?

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
Absolutely terrible post. Awful.

If AR actually lived up to his potential and was freaking Lamar Jackson on the ground like he should have been every game, you would have a point. We also would have won a lot more than 6 games this season.

Alas, game-planning against AR became EASY for opposing DC's. Just contain him in the pocket (he doesn't like to run anyway) and watch him miss throws all day long. Team after team after team did it to him. Our running game suffered down the stretch as no one respected his passing. Even VANDY did it.

You say "book it" one more time you'll get a vacation.

Does anyone remember the name of that program back in the 90's where if you read a certain amount, you'd get a free personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kid has crazy potential but never realized it. At least in the orange and blue. Every Mullen player that leaves this team is a win for us. Keep em coming. I hope that we have like 30 scholarship players by this time next week. The faster we turn the roster over the better. The GM that takes him in the 1st round ain't gonna be a GM for long. Looking back it seems like he played all year like he knew he was going to the NFL. His hesitancy to get up field and get tough yards when we needed it all year was frustrating, but now we know he was saving himself for a payday.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Does anyone remember the name of that program back in the 90's where if you read a certain amount, you'd get a free personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut?
Read it? No….that’s not right.

Encyclopedia it? Nah….not ringing a bell….

Oh…..I remember….nevermind

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxking was ranting about that the last time I saw him. He said the bowl games are part of the season and you should be obligated to play in the damn game.
It sucks because we're going to send a bunch of freshman and walkons to play against a decent team where hardly any of their guys are gonna want to miss a chance to "beat Florida ".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator