Antonio Riles's status?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Does anybody know whether Antonio Riles is still on the team? I know there was some noise about him being a graduate transfer at FAU but have not heard anything about it lately.

Are we looking for any graduate transfers? I know we have only 3 QBs so we might need another one there. I would also like some graduate transfer OL. Any other positions we might try to shore up with graduate transfers?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Riles needed a waiver to play a 6th year. As far as I know, he didn't get it or didn't pursue.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Riles needed a waiver to play a 6th year. As far as I know, he didn't get it or didn't pursue.

I thought he was eligible for another season, but didn't come back for one reason or another. Maybe that was it (no waiver?). I looked on FAU's page and he's not listed on their roster.

We had a DL grad transfer visit a few weeks ago and he apparently tweeted he was interested, but no more news on that (so far). He hasn't made a decision.

If Joe Burrow leaves Ohio State (he graduates today, I think) he's a QB to keep an eye one and would be like winning the lottery for us. He's been connected to Texas (because of Tom Herman), Nebraska (family ties), Cincinnati (Luke Fickell), and UF (Mullen/Meyer connection).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I thought he was eligible for another season, but didn't come back for one reason or another. Maybe that was it (no waiver?). I looked on FAU's page and he's not listed on their roster.

I found an FAU article commenting about his potential transfer. The article said he needed a waiver to play a 6th year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I found an FAU article commenting about his potential transfer. The article said he needed a waiver to play a 6th year.

I would have liked to see him return, just for depth. He would have likely been in the top 10 on the roster, so why not let him come back? We have the scholarship room.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have liked to see him return, just for depth. He would have likely been in the top 10 on the roster, so why not let him come back? We have the scholarship room.

Because he offers absolutely nothing. In my opinion.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Because he offers absolutely nothing. In my opinion.

I partially agree. He did make 10 or so starts in his UF career and I'm unimpressed w/ Fred Johnson, so any competition he has for his starting job is a good thing. But yes, he's not making any all-SEC teams that's for sure!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I partially agree. He did make 10 or so starts in his UF career and I'm unimpressed w/ Fred Johnson, so any competition he has for his starting job is a good thing. But yes, he's not making any all-SEC teams that's for sure!
As terrible as Fred Johnson is, Riles is not competition for him. I don't believe I've ever seen any guard line up nose to nose with a defensive tackle and miss entirely as ryles did on a regular basis.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There’s a part of me that loves every Gator who gives it their all, and he’s one of them. But if you can’t manage to grab and hold down a starting spot on this (and the past 6 seasons) OL, I think it’s time to consider that football’s just not for you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a part of me that loves every Gator who gives it their all, and he’s one of them. But if you can’t manage to grab and hold down a starting spot on this (and the past 6 seasons) OL, I think it’s time to consider that football’s just not for you.
I'll give the guy props for trying to break debose's record of 9 years of eligibility. I'm pulling for him.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'll give the guy props for trying to break debose's record of 9 years of eligibility. I'm pulling for him.
Must mean a Gator record. I am sure the SEC record must belong to the LSU fullback, Joe LaBruzzo. I am certain he kicked our behinds for at least a decade.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Riles oughta be a doctor or a lawyer by now
No sh!t...:lol: Didn't he come in with Muschamp's first class? My opinion is that if you haven't been able to produce in over half a decade it's unlikely to happen at all....Start grooming someone else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator