Any Gators my age or older?

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Do some of you that remember Gator history remember in 1928 Bauchman lost to Tenn on a muddy field and we started the "Golden Era" ? With this crew I only see 3 wins next year. My printer is out for awhile. I just wonder if it will get as bad as 1979? I never thought I d see this again. Wish we could find another Ray Graves.
Roman Gator
Guarding the Rhine from Barbarians.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Perhaps some of you who still have some black hair, remember Doug Dickeys last year and what happened till Charlie Pell showed up, with the best men money could buy.
RomanGator
It was sure cold and wet when we lost to the Terps that new years nite.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
man-3299537-clipart-md.png

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for your service Roman!

I'm a Boomer, born in 47........ I remember Graves, Dickey, Pell and several others.

Of all the Gator Coaches, I still dislike Dickey the most but he would probably be an upgrade on the 3 most recent.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Hail Caesar Augustus!
Graves brought Fla to almost good, from a little better than average under the last coach Graves didn t cheat like Pell or choke like Dicky.
RomanGator, come on old guys, don t some of you remember Linsey Scott?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reminiscing about the Roaring ‘20s and pining for Ray Graves. I’m in.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Whats the diff? Lindsey Scott, and 4th and Dumb, Dickey had talent at Fla the could beat this team any way they wanted, could this D stop a good Wishbone? I doubt it.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Perhaps some of you who still have some black hair, remember Doug Dickeys last year and what happened till Charlie Pell showed up, with the best men money could buy.
RomanGator
It was sure cold and wet when we lost to the Terps that new years nite.
I was at Florida Field on a miserable cold night when Dickey's 1973 team lost to Miami 16-7. What's that you say it was a team from the MAC called Miami of Ohio and it was the Tangerine Bowl. WHAT, the Tangerine Bowl isn't in Gainesville it's in Orlando. Ahhh, thats right Dickey would only play in the T-bowl if they moved it to G-ville. Still lost! Misery is back in full force and feels equally stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.