Anyone else have a VR Quest? Let's play some mini golf!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What are your thoughts on the 2 vs 3? Do you have any accessories? What else do you play if you don’t mind my asking.?
The 3 has improved graphics, and is slimmer and lighter. You can also use it for mixed reality, in that you can see the real room around you through the headset and interact with things in the game. I get the strap with the rear battery, so I never have to worry about running out of juice. For minigolf, I have a golf club handle attachment, so it feels like I'm putting with a real club.

Lately I've been playing "The Thrill of the Fight" boxing game, which is the greatest form of exercise I've ever experienced. You want to lose weight? Swing wildly in the air hundreds of times. I just went 3 and a half rounds and swung 557 times. Exhausting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, here's a video. While you can play in a virtual boxing ring, I have mixed reality turned on, so I can actually fight him in the middle of my man cave. This keeps me from accidently punching the wall or something valuable hanging on the wall. I know exactly where I am in the room.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The 3 has improved graphics, and is slimmer and lighter. You can also use it for mixed reality, in that you can see the real room around you through the headset and interact with things in the game. I get the strap with the rear battery, so I never have to worry about running out of juice. For minigolf, I have a golf club handle attachment, so it feels like I'm putting with a real club.

Lately I've been playing "The Thrill of the Fight" boxing game, which is the greatest form of exercise I've ever experienced. You want to lose weight? Swing wildly in the air hundreds of times. I just went 3 and a half rounds and swung 557 times. Exhausting.
Do you fight other people or just the computer? I think punching air repeatedly would hurt my shoulder. Apparently I screwed it up in the past.

As for the strap, I need to find something better, the thing still is uncomfortable to me. The elite strap with battery wasnt comfortable on the quest 2 for me so I may have to try third party. I really want to like this thing so I'm going to do everything I can to get comfortable in it.

EDIT: I've ordered a golf club adapter as I think swinging the weight of a club would not hurt as much as swinging my arms to air alone. I think it could double as a putter, maybe I will pick up the mini golf game and we could play sometime. For money of course.

EDIT#2: How are you recording your in game screen?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you fight other people or just the computer? I think punching air repeatedly would hurt my shoulder. Apparently I screwed it up in the past.

As for the strap, I need to find something better, the thing still is uncomfortable to me. The elite strap with battery wasnt comfortable on the quest 2 for me so I may have to try third party. I really want to like this thing so I'm going to do everything I can to get comfortable in it.

EDIT: I've ordered a golf club adapter as I think swinging the weight of a club would not hurt as much as swinging my arms to air alone. I think it could double as a putter, maybe I will pick up the mini golf game and we could play sometime. For money of course.

EDIT#2: How are you recording your in game screen?
For now you just fight the computer. They are coming out with a second one where you can fight real people.

Buy Walkabout Mini Golf. I'm sure you can scrape up the $14.99. It's the greatest game on the platform, period.

Cast your headset to the Meta App, then anyone can watch what you are seeing. There's a record button on the screen.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
For now you just fight the computer. They are coming out with a second one where you can fight real people.

Buy Walkabout Mini Golf. I'm sure you can scrape up the $14.99. It's the greatest game on the platform, period.

Cast your headset to the Meta App, then anyone can watch what you are seeing. There's a record button on the screen.
Will try it out, thanks!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
nerds GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, here's a video. While you can play in a virtual boxing ring, I have mixed reality turned on, so I can actually fight him in the middle of my man cave. This keeps me from accidently punching the wall or something valuable hanging on the wall. I know exactly where I am in the room.

I’ll say that looks pretty fun. You have a lot of cool accessories.

Also, why is that clock hung at like waist high on the wall?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll say that looks pretty fun. You have a lot of cool accessories.

Also, why is that clock hung at like waist high on the wall?
It ain’t waist high when I’m sitting, which is 99% of the time in that room.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe its already been suggested. Could somebody write a program for VR Quest where we have a winning season? Hell maybe even win 8 or 9 games.

Ditch the Quest go with Vision Pro. It's cheap everyone can afford it.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Maybe its already been suggested. Could somebody write a program for VR Quest where we have a winning season? Hell maybe even win 8 or 9 games.

Ditch the Quest go with Vision Pro. It's cheap everyone can afford it.
I’m actually excited about the Vision Pro. Not about actually buying or using one, but once Apple enters the arena the genre becomes more mainstream and companies start competing with each other leading to innovation, better products and experiences and hopefully lower cost. Lower cost the least likely to happen being understood

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The VR is a good first step but it isn't there yet. Even if it was the content for what I want to do with it is minimal.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can't even play games on the $4000 Vision Pro yet. It's 8 times more expensive than the Quest 3.

Hell, you can pick up a used Quest 2 now for about $100 to $150 and play tons of games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.