Anyone else have a VR Quest? Let's play some mini golf!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t be such a Fuddy Duddy, put one on and play you old geezer!
Yeah, I'm 44, and have better things to do with my time and money than to buy and play virtual reality video games. I'll leave it to you gen Z'ers to worry about that while I go to work and coach my kids in sports.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, I'm 44, and have better things to do with my time and money than to buy and play virtual reality video games. I'll leave it to you gen Z'ers to worry about that while I go to work and coach my kids in sports.
Just make sure you channel all your childhood failed dreams into him… you’ll feel better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to break it to you, but those are my kids.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hate to break it to you, but those are my kids.
boom GIF

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That Apple Vision looks like it can do some pretty interesting stuff. I don't think however that very many people are going to want to wear that scuba mask all day while they work, even at home. But as it develops into more user-friendly size and they make more content for it I could see it being a pretty interesting deal. I know Google made some glasses you could wear and get content on but they were far from VR, just a monochrome "HUD" with some basic info.

As a side note I found one of my old iphones in a drawer the other day. I was shocked at how small it is compared to my current phone. It looks like a matchbook.
IMG_3321.JPG

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Standing by for @soflagator to find some innocuous thing in the background and act like its the main focus of the image :lol:

I've seen this play before.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Standing by for @soflagator to find some innocuous thing in the background and act like its the main focus of the image :lol:

I've seen this play before.
Is that a Lincare business card? I knew you were old but damn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Back to what I was saying about another use for VR: exercise. Some of you fatasses (like Detroit) could really stand to drop a few. I hate exercise as much as the next guy, but I find myself desperately not wanting to lose these boxing matches. It's a great incentive to burn some calories.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back to what I was saying about another use for VR: exercise. Some of you fatasses could really stand to drop a few. I hate exercise as much as the next guy, but I find myself desperately not wanting to lose these boxing matches. It's a great incentive to burn some calories.
Your technique was head shots in that example you shared. Can you land body shots? Can you move around the ring?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m 55 :lol2:

I do only “work” about 25 hours a week though, but that’s because it’s all I have to work to make the living I want. One kid graduating college this year and another in the marines. Did my time coaching them which was as big a waste of time as anything

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your technique was head shots in that example you shared. Can you land body shots? Can you move around the ring?
Yes, you can land body shots, but that of course leads your head pretty vulnerable. You can move around as much of an area as you have, yes. I don't have much room in there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Back to what I was saying about another use for VR: exercise. Some of you fatasses (like Detroit) could really stand to drop a few. I hate exercise as much as the next guy, but I find myself desperately not wanting to lose these boxing matches. It's a great incentive to burn some calories.

Question. When you are punching this VR character, which one of us here are you imagining you’re punching? And follow up, when did it officially change from Crete to Silverback?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Question. When you are punching this VR character, which one of us here are you imagining you’re punching? And follow up, when did it officially change from Crete to Silverback?
Crete has given the second-most money to Gatorchatter in its history - he's a personal hero of mine these days.

Silverback is definitely a candidate, but I picture him as a very frail old man.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I bought the Quest 2 last year and it's sitting as a paperweight on my desk because I can't remember, recover, or change my PIN. I got the PIN when I bought the GO and was still on Facebook with an Oculus account. Resetting it or changing it doesn't work in my Meta account. None of the online assistants have been able to help me. All they do is regurgitate the same stuff I've already tried that doesn't work. I can't buy anything in the store without the PIN. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not much of a gamer. All I do with games is find the cheat codes and go on rampages. Cash and prizes be damned. Give me body count.

What I am interested in are things like space travel and underwater experiences, walking into paintings, etc. Escapism in other words. I'm looking at a couple of rigs I want to put together so I can make my own 3D and VR content to watch on a headset. If I can't figure out how to fully utilize my Quest, I'll have to look elsewhere besides Meta for a headset.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.