Anyone else have a VR Quest? Let's play some mini golf!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bought the Quest 2 last year and it's sitting as a paperweight on my desk because I can't remember, recover, or change my PIN. I got the PIN when I bought the GO and was still on Facebook with an Oculus account. Resetting it or changing it doesn't work in my Meta account. None of the online assistants have been able to help me. All they do is regurgitate the same stuff I've already tried that doesn't work. I can't buy anything in the store without the PIN. Has anyone else had this problem?
Have you tried turning it off and then turning it back on?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I bought the Quest 2 last year and it's sitting as a paperweight on my desk because I can't remember, recover, or change my PIN. I got the PIN when I bought the GO and was still on Facebook with an Oculus account. Resetting it or changing it doesn't work in my Meta account. None of the online assistants have been able to help me. All they do is regurgitate the same stuff I've already tried that doesn't work. I can't buy anything in the store without the PIN. Has anyone else had this problem?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have a PIN, don't use a PIN, never needed a PIN.....not sure why you do.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have a PIN, don't use a PIN, never needed a PIN.....not sure why you do.
So now you see what I'm up against. You had to have one to use the store when I bought the Oculus GO, and now the Quest 2 will not let me buy anything without it even though it doesn't require one for newer users.

I bought a lot of stuff under my Oculus account when I had the GO that I don't want to have to pay for again, which is what will happen if I do a factory reset and register as a new user.

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
So now you see what I'm up against. You had to have one to use the store when I bought the Oculus GO, and now the Quest 2 will not let me buy anything without it even though it doesn't require one for newer users.

I bought a lot of stuff under my Oculus account when I had the GO that I don't want to have to pay for again, which is what will happen if I do a factory reset and register as a new user.
Thats messed up. That should be an easy fix with a real human on the phone. Sorry man.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Crete has given the second-most money to Gatorchatter in its history - he's a personal hero of mine these days.

Silverback is definitely a candidate, but I picture him as a very frail old man.
Who's donated the most? How about a top 3 or 5 so we can see who you're sucking up to?

:grin:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
OK I ordered a ridiculous looking head strap today because I can’t wear this thing for 20 minutes without it hurting. They have got to get the form factor under control.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OK I ordered a ridiculous looking head strap today because I can’t wear this thing for 20 minutes without it hurting. They have got to get the form factor under control.
Head? I think I see the problem here...
Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Up GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Have you tried creating a entirely new account? Why must you register under the old one if it’s inaccessible?

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Okay, here's a video. While you can play in a virtual boxing ring, I have mixed reality turned on, so I can actually fight him in the middle of my man cave. This keeps me from accidently punching the wall or something valuable hanging on the wall. I know exactly where I am in the room.

2 things..

would you recommend this for travelers who spend lots of time in hotel rooms and can you photoshop the other fighters heads to say guys like these.. :lol2: IMG_0981.jpeg

Poman

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2016
I know essentially zero about this stuff. Do you have to hold a controller etc in your hands to play these? I could certainly get into punching some people (virtually of course).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I take it you've never worn a steel pot or a Kevlar helmet?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I know essentially zero about this stuff. Do you have to hold a controller etc in your hands to play these? I could certainly get into punching some people (virtually of course).
Yes, although they are getting better at recognizing just your hand movements. Before long, you'll be able to do damn near everything with just your hands.

The new Apple VR uses just hand movements, but there are no games available on that headset at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator