Anzalone gets medical redshirt for 2015

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Alex picked up a medical redshirt for is injury shortened 2015 season. He has yet to prove his durability, but he is now listed on the roster as a redshirt junior going into 2016 and if he can stay healthy, he'll likely be around for two more years.

In other news, incoming Fr. RB Lamical Perine has been given No. 22. Big shoes young man. Fill 'em.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Two things: 1) I am happy for Anzalone (and us) but am concerned with his athletic future, and 2) Good luck filling those shoes and that jersey, young man. Stand and deliver!! That number could have been retired but the gentleman wearing it chose to abdicate his senior year rather than play in Spurrier's offense. Still great, but...

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Duct tape shoulders and linebacker are a bad mix in the SEC.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With our lack of LB depth it will be great if he can stay healthy and stays another year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That number could have been retired but the gentleman wearing it chose to abdicate his senior year rather than play in Spurrier's offense. Still great, but...

Could make the same argument about the Willie Jackson Sr. who wore it. There is a very big legacy with that jersey and it started before the 80's and continued through the 90's.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure hoping he stays healthy. It will be nice for depth and more importantly have him for another year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With our lack of LB depth it will be great if he can stay healthy and stays another year.

Exactly what I thought. His addition to next year's defense (assuming he stays healthy) could be the difference of going to Atlanta that year or not. The defense will need all the help it can get.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way to spin this negatively. We already know his health is a question. This just let's us know he gets another year, which will be a nice bonus if he can stay on the field.

I'm pulling for the kid!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

They actually added the freshman numbers to the official roster (that was not done until today)....but the weights are the same. I imagine they'll weigh in just before fall camp starts, so expect an updated roster in early August.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Alex picked up a medical redshirt for is injury shortened 2015 season. He has yet to prove his durability, but he is now listed on the roster as a redshirt junior going into 2016 and if he can stay healthy, he'll likely be around for two more years.

In other news, incoming Fr. RB Lamical Perine has been given No. 22. Big shoes young man. Fill 'em.
For sure.....last noteable guy to wear that had a shytty end to his UF career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.