Anzalone Practicing

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
falling on his forearm.
What are you talking about? He is a junior and already has another year of eligibility.

His injury this year was a freak thing, someone falling on his forearm.

He is gone. He doesn't want to do more school. He doesn't want to be a part of next year's Donkey Show. I don't blame him. Who does?
I'm not blaming him, I just didn't know if his draft stock was high enough for him to enter the draft.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? He is a junior and already has another year of eligibility.

His injury this year was a freak thing, someone falling on his forearm.

He is gone. He doesn't want to do more school. He doesn't want to be a part of next year's Donkey Show. I don't blame him. Who does?

The typical healing time for casting only is 6-8 weeks. With surgery, the time may be as quickly as 4-5 weeks. That would bring back Ware by the end of October.

Now how do you protect something like this when Ware does hit the field again? Well, think back to Carolina Panther linebacker Thomas Davis, who last year had a fracture to his right ulna two weeks before the Super Bowl. He had surgery quickly, and then had a newly devised custom Kevlar-type cast molded to his forearm that allowed him to return in time for the big game.

As for Ware, he reportedly will have his surgery on Tuesday, then will be splinted/casted after the procedure. But the rehab typically starts quickly — as in very quickly.

While the forearm is immobilized to allow new calcium and new bone to grow around the hardware, he will start working out his shoulders and hands so that he doesn’t lose range-of-motion. And that’s a key point: loss of movement is what impedes recovery from these injuries, athlete or civilian. So there’s a lot of work to be done.

Anzalone's arm was broken Nov. 5 in the Arkansas game. He should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.