AP No. 10 Gators

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you want. It may not be pretty but the #10 Gators are winning the East and control their destiny (even NC wise) going into November.

Could it be better, oh yes it could, but it has been worse.

Hope to see an uptick in recruiting.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
#10 on AP, #9 on Coaches. The longer we stay in the rankings the more visible the program is to recruits. It helps when you get a good win like yesterday and half of the teams ahead of you lose.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
ESPN strength of record has us at 20. Which is probably more accurate.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
ESPN strength of record has us at 20. Which is probably more accurate.

very ironic that you wrote this b/c when I heard of the ranking I said to myself that I could name 20 teams off the top of my head that I think would beat us on a neutral field if both team played relatively well. Someone mentioned helping in recruiting. Perhaps, b/c I don;t think recruits watch a lot of games unless they are attending. I think they see the ratings and then they care about the facilities and all the perks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we, for 2 years in a row, while rebuilding go to the SECCG ... and we compete decently ... well that should
help with our recruiting. Some specific recruits could be thinking: "I could fill the gap that's holding these
Gators back." That's better than being "out of sight, out of mind".

It sure would help to beat LSU, FSU ... and win the damn bowl. = show promise to the recruits
you have to promise things to.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We just gotta get some top recruits in here and we will be a top 10 program again...oh wait...we are in the top 10!! Go Gators!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has had us in the top 10 both years now despite low preseason rankings. It's been an odd journey, but results are results.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The loss to Tennessee looks really bad now. Still, I'll take this record and our defense.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has had us in the top 10 both years now despite low preseason rankings. It's been an odd journey, but results are results.

You're right Sas. It's really weird. As much as Mac has some issues to continue to correct, I'll take it and happy we're there.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is eerily similar to 2012 or last year minus the tough SOS. Our margin of error is so small. The defense has to be on point for us to even have a shot

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So from whence cometh the GC thread on how very weak the 2016 Top-10 is ?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Some team win with flashy O, others win with stubborn D. We are in the second group. Unfortunately, the teams with the flashy O will put up big numbers and their margin of victory is going be be greater than the team that wins low scoring defensive games. Beating a common opponent, say, 17 - 10 should count as much to the voters as beating that same team 42 - 28. But the bigger score is always going to get the wows and accolades, while the team with the D gets saddled with "squeeks by once again." So enjoy this great Defense we have this year. They are doing the job. If the O can squeeze out a little more production, this could be an interesting finish.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
26557-2-zoomin.jpg

Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.