AP reporter Mark Long caught on hot mic after Napier Press conference: "I don't give a Fuchs, I'll be here longer than Billy."

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That's not entirely true. I was once told by an editor to shorten it up.

First, I did clarify that NOT ALL journalists are guilty of this.

Second, I don’t believe you.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First, I did clarify that into ALL journalists are guilty of this.

Second, I don’t believe you.

giphy.gif

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I can't stand fukkin clowns like Meyer in that kind of situation... holds all the power, like an f'n politician with security playing tough guy

Idk--I'm not exactly a fan of sports "journalists" intentionally looking to create a story by twisting words out of context or otherwise creating drama out of thin air to get clicks.

The power of the pen is a thing and guys like that regularly and unapologetically abuse it.

Let's just agree to call them both tools.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not a big fan of the media and have no love loss for the Slanteniel and the Gator Sports. Regardless of who they are in the case of Long, he needs his creds yanked. Haven't seen anything put out there as an apology either. Either way, AP = Always Pricks.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So what gives with Long?

Any news?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Urban can be a scary f'in dude in person.
I asked him for an autograph once. He took one look at me and saw all my faults and shortcomings.
Then I'm pretty sure he snatched my soul from my body.
Well, if he ate it then he was likely in a fetal ball next to his bed retching like a sick dog a few hours later.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He might be right. Lets see how his prediction ages.
He’s assuredly right. So what? His little job is a million times more secure and less difficult than the UF head coach? Pat Dooley outlasted Spurrier. And?

I do think it’s funny that the reporters were arguing about how they should frame things - just like we do.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I can't stand fukkin clowns like Meyer in that kind of situation... holds all the power, like an f'n politician with security playing tough guy
Idk--I'm not exactly a fan of sports "journalists" intentionally looking to create a story by twisting words out of context or otherwise creating drama out of thin air to get clicks.

The power of the pen is a thing and guys like that regularly and unapologetically abuse it.

Let's just agree to call them both tools.
You’re both right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.