Apparently, uniform gimmicks didn’t leave Athens with Mark Richt

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...rent-uniforms-annual-rivalry-game-vs-florida/

For the past three years, the Georgia Bulldogs have worn their home red jerseys to face the Florida Gators in Jacksonville, while the Gators have sported their home blue jerseys.

However, seeing as how Florida has won the past three games, the Bulldogs have decided it is time for a change.

According to Dawg Nation, the Bulldogs will be sporting their road white jerseys for Saturday’s big SEC East rivalry game:

“Georgia will wear white tops for this game as the away team,” UGA team spokesman Claude Felton said in an email. “We are not wearing the home game tops as we have the last couple of years.”

The Bulldogs beat the Gators in 2013 and 2011 — the last two times they’ve worn the white jerseys, so the change makes sense from a superstition standpoint.

Whether it works again remains to be seen, but you can see for yourself on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. Eastern time on CBS.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
... how is wearing your normal jersey a gimmick?
I agree, but this is a page out of the Reverend Richt playbook.

“Well if we change jerseys, maybe we won’t sht the bed”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It’s probably motivational. “You guys have lost 3 straight to the lizards and don’t get to wear home jerseys until you beat them.”

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I don’t understand why y’all piss and moan about our uniform combos. Since the Meyer years we’ve worn some kind of alternate uniform/helmet at least once or twice a season. It’s not 1978 any more and this happens at most major university’s with very few exceptions. It’s ok and sometimes I really like them. Sometimes they’re not my favorite (TAMU). But at this point it’s less a gimmick and more standard operating procedure for a major D1 program cause the recruits like it and Nike can sell it.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
If Chip Kelly becomes head coach, uniform style and color combinations will redefine gaudy and ostentatious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator