Applying pressure will be key activity in Florida's QB competition

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that makes me just a little nervous about Del Rio is he likes to throw off his back foot a lot when pressured. I hope he has enough velocity to get away with that in SEC play.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that makes me just a little nervous about Del Rio is he likes to throw off his back foot a lot when pressured. I hope he has enough velocity to get away with that in SEC play.
You guys notice details like that. All I noticed was him throwing strikes, and making completions.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Don't make me go back and find your quotes about how Treon was a better QB than Grier heading into the season last year. I think you should sit this one out and leave the QB discussions to the big boys. *pats Fever on the head*

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't make me go back and find your quotes about how Treon was a better QB than Grier heading into the season last year. I think you should sit this one out and leave the QB discussions to the big boys. *pats Fever on the head*

He wasn't the only one. There were a lot of them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol fever might have been the driver of the Treon train this time last year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Claw was a heavy supporter as well. At the time I was absolutely flabbergasted that there were so many on here that wanted that mental midget behind center.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never wanted Treon. never, ever..... I could see Grier's talent but not his stupidity!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Treon has nothing to do with Del Rio. We can find quotes where people were wrong on many things :lol2:. The Driskel love was crazy here at one time.This isn't some exact science. Just saying that is the only thing that makes me a little nervous. Maybe it won't be an issue whatsoever I don't know. A pro scout that watched our Spring game and evaluated it made a comment about it in his article also as something that could possibly be an issue.

My hope is he is another Danny.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think we can all agree, Del Rio won't throw it away on 4th down like Treon did last year. Or get an intentional grounding call on 3rd and goal.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Claw was a heavy supporter as well. At the time I was absolutely flabbergasted that there were so many on here that wanted that mental midget behind center.
There were a bunch of Treon supporters after he threw 2td against some directional school 2 years ago...that shine never wore off for some

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can all agree, Del Rio won't throw it away on 4th down like Treon did last year. Or get an intentional grounding call on 3rd and goal.

I have no doubts we won't be seeing anything like the QB play we saw after the LSU game last season. Besides the big upgrade at QB we will probably be able to run the ball better with a slightly more mature OL so the defense can't get away with not rushing much and just clogging lanes like they were doing a lot near the end of last season when we showed we had no push for a decent run game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.