Are we LSU next year?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
With the lack of developing EJ plus Pitts, Toney and Trask gone, do we have a year like LSU?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not even close. LSU had a ton of juniors leave last years team then after the china virus had another handful of starters opt out (like Jamar Chase). We won't have those issues, unless there's some unforeseen offseason disaster (which isn't unlikely with this staff).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I doubt we’ll beat a top ten team on the road with a true freshman QB and half our players out. So no, we probably won’t be as successful as them.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ever since Mullen was hired we were supposed to be at best 8-5 cause that is the Mullen ceiling. Will he finally come down to that level that we are hoping for or worse so he can get fired and we can get a real coach? Can we find that surefire coach that all but guarantees success and championships like SOS and Urban? Who out there gets us to that level?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Ever since Mullen was hired we were supposed to be at best 8-5 cause that is the Mullen ceiling. Will he finally come down to that level that we are hoping for or worse so he can get fired and we can get a real coach? Can we find that surefire coach that all but guarantees success and championships like SOS and Urban? Who out there gets us to that level?

Been hearing it since he got here. Especially year 3 was suppose to be a disaster. I guess now it’s next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Been hearing it since he got here. Especially year 3 was suppose to be a disaster. I guess now it’s next year.

Several here predicted a major drop off on defense, which happened. Poor defense cost us two games in what is likely the easiest schedule we've had in decades. Granted, the offense is better than we imagined, but the defense cost us a legit shot at the national championship like in 2007.

Unless there are significant coaching changes and transfer portal help, the defense likely won't improve any next year and could be worse. Offense will take a step back since they are losing Trask, Pitts, Toney, and Grimes. I'm not saying they will be bad, but they likely won't be a top 10 offense like this year.

Ultimately, we won't be 2020 LSU, but we are no where near 2008 UF either.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Several here predicted a major drop off on defense, which happened. Poor defense cost us two games in what is likely the easiest schedule we've had in decades. Granted, the offense is better than we imagined, but the defense cost us a legit shot at the national championship like in 2007.

Unless there are significant coaching changes and transfer portal help, the defense likely won't improve any next year and could be worse. Offense will take a step back since they are losing Trask, Pitts, Toney, and Grimes. I'm not saying they will be bad, but they likely won't be a top 10 offense like this year.

Ultimately, we won't be 2020 LSU, but we are no where near 2008 UF either.
I think you're selling this staff short, I totally believe we could be a hell of a lot closer to 2020 LSU.
Closer to that than 2008 Gators. IMHO

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

The first sentence referred to the hate for Mullen (which I shared from the day of the signing). But yes you may have missed the the fact there are not too many fans and literally thousands of posts. The 2nd sentence then refers to year 3. Donk will help you out from there. Hope that helps.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

What’s your take on it? Do you think there was support for the prediction or do you believe he stood alone? Please go back to the threads and see what you come up with and I will then reference my notebooks. I keep them triple-catalogued by poster, thread and topic. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator