ARTICLE: McElwain's Last Days

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ouch

With the Gators trailing 21-0 at the half in their eventual loss to Georgia, Spurrier walked through the press box and asked a handful of reporters, "What happened to the forward pass?"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those close to McElwain insist the coach was not bothered by Spurrier's presence. But having Foley, his influential and opinionated former boss whom he clashed with at times, still involved as emeritus athletic director was challenging. Multiple sources told ESPN that even though Foley was no longer the AD, it was clear he was still involved in athletic department matters.
Ugh. The question is WHY was Foley still involved?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I dont get why any of these "reporters" didnt say a single fuking negative word before he was fired. Spineless cowards.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Glad to see I can throw up a lazy title and someone will fix it :lol:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I dont get why any of these "reporters" didnt say a single fuking negative word before he was fired. Spineless cowards.
To be fair, Thomas Goldkamp has been fairly vocal his entire tenure. He always called him out for betraying the local media, closing them out, his lack of recruiting, etc. it obviously wasn't barn burner the way it is now, but he was one.

The rest like Marty Cohen and Dooley, yeah. They are cowards. Guys who've been around so long shouldn't be afraid of a single coach

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So according to the article it's Spurrier's fault that we suck now because he never asked for any facility upgrades while he was HBC. If Foley is the genius that we were told he was he should have seen the need for upgrades and not waited to be asked. How about if he took a little initiative and did something to help instead of sitting around resting on his laurels.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The comments on the strength and conditioning program are not surprising at all. I am surprised that our disastrous special teams and the retention of Nord wasn't an area of concern either.

As for Foley, I wonder if they will even let him be involved now since all of this mess is his fault.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The comments on the strength and conditioning program are not surprising at all. I am surprised that our disastrous special teams and the retention of Nord wasn't an area of concern either.

As for Foley, I wonder if they will even let him be involved now since all of this mess is his fault.
Agreed

Our guys are dropping like flies and to not fire Kent should be neglect on Macs part. Every ounce of us sucking is his fault

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of this was new information, this has been leaking out of the UAA since before the season... reporters have been choosing not to report it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So according to the article it's Spurrier's fault that we suck now because he never asked for any facility upgrades while he was HBC. If Foley is the genius that we were told he was he should have seen the need for upgrades and not waited to be asked. How about if he took a little initiative and did something to help instead of sitting around resting on his laurels.

All Mac does is blame other people. It's sickening.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

"One of the biggest problems at Florida is that [former head coach] [Steve] Spurrier never asked for anything," a source said. "He told [former athletic director] [Jeremy] Foley he'd just go beat everybody with less."

And yet, Spurrier did exactly what he said he would do. He beat everybody with less. That's called coaching, McElwain. Quit your pussy ass b!tching and try it sometime.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this, Butters' mouth sure has managed to drop his favorability ratings to Hillary Clinton levels in short order.

I didn't think that was possible since there were so many of you 0-10-1 types celebrating his East "championships".

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There is zero doubt in my mind that Foley would be FIRED if still the AD.

Zero doubt. He should be perma retired right now.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Tebow should be approached regarding the strength & conditioning spot...... bring him home. He'd also be a great recruiting tool.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
So according to the article it's Spurrier's fault that we suck now because he never asked for any facility upgrades while he was HBC.
A great photographer does not need a state-of-the-art camera to take great photographs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Tebow should be approached regarding the strength & conditioning spot...... bring him home. He'd also be a great recruiting tool.
Normally I laugh at these sort of things, but this actually makes some sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"One of the biggest problems at Florida is that Spurrier never asked for anything," a source said. "He told Foley he'd just go beat everybody with less."

Another reason why Spurrier is worthy of having that field named after him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.