Asleep at the wheel?

GrumpyGator

Oct 2, 2016
First post here, posted occasionally on the old Alvin/LOF forum. I'm not just grumpy, I'm pissed.
Celebrated 64th BD watching my Beloved Gators, and for the first time in my life...I freaking fell asleep watching a football game. REFUSE to blame it on my age, this was some bad football. You know it's bad when you're enjoying a dream and you're actually enjoying the predictability of an "Adazio Dive Play".
Just a thought on "rotating running back strategy", you can't tell me any of those guys like this insanity. At least Scarlet & Perine look like they're trying to get a coaches attention. There were 2 series that Scarlet ran hard and actually looked a lot like one of those "Alabama" backs we all dream about. His reward, "great job son, now go sit on the bench and we'll get you back in the game a little later, when it's your turn again and you've lost all of your mojo".

The real problem...what 5 Star Running Back recruits are drooling to come to Florida to participate in this PeeWee Football strategy of Everybody gets a Turn.

Just a note: later last evening I awoke from my gator induced coma and fell right into a horrible nightmare. There on the screen were Louisville and Clemson playing real football and my Gators would have been embarrassed by either one of them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome, GrumpG. Happy New Year. Good inaugrowl post.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome! Always glad see older Gators not preaching supporting a staff through horrible results.

The talent is actually pretty damn good. The coaching? Not so much.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to our nightmare brother Grump...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not sure what I'd do with Thompson.....LBer? TE ?....In fact I'm not sure what I'd do with one of our most tenured Offensive linemen who when given the chance to IMPERIL the life of a 180# DB decides to "chip" him and watch as the DB makes a play for a loss on BP on a WR screen....:headslap:Sharpe literally went from full speed with a running start to letting a person half his size make a play. I mean I'm talking about the kind of dream shot where they might have had to stop the game to find all of the DB's body parts and Sharpe leaves his feet with some kind of a half ass elbow only to see the DB tackle Powell for a loss on what could/should have been a 10 plus yard pick up.....Until this line gets a NASTY "I WANNA TAKE YOUR HEAD OFF ATTITUDE" then the running game will be marginal at best.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crawford Ker, Jeff Zimmerman, Phil Bromley, Billy Hinson, Lomas Brown
dreaming-e1265959692865.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays