Atlanta Falcons choose Raheem Morris; Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hahhahahahah. As a bucs fan I'm intimately familiar with the raheem morris experience. It ain't fun

The team got old, expensive and underachieving. Add to it the Glazers were strapped for cash after shelling out a then-astronomical $1.5b for Manu. Monte left to join Lane at UT, Gruden was dumped, the roster stripped and -- voila! -- it became Team Raheem in 2009. The return of the Yuks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lol

I think this says more about the current Atlanta job than anything. There was really only one good opening this offseason and Harbaugh got it. Maybe Washington. I’m no BB fan, but there’s no way he pushed for that job, and if he did the demands would’ve been insane. Whoever they eventually landed was likely going to be a settle. Maybe a smart move by Blank to at least get credit for the diversity in the process.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know what Im NOT doing at age 71? Looking for a job.

I have no clue why Belichick would be.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Strange hire from a strange team in a strange town. Reeks of PC.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Never wanted Bill, but man talk about total letdown. We basically hired the coordinator that helped get Dan Quinn fired. Start the next search now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The hiring is so bad that there is speculation Raheem could be fired before his introductory presser.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But they've got #8, which is plenty of striking power. They can get Fields and a draft pick for that.

Fields can’t go back to Georgia, that’s evil racist country for him.
Although I guess he could always get a bogus transfer of some kind approved if he doesn’t like the situation.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
FWIW. I listened to a couple of insiders on local radio and the thought is that Arthur Blank listened to his people and they convinced him that the BB style of coaching (negative reinforcement) would not work with today's player. This isn't to mention that BB apparently told Arthur Blank he wanted total and complete control of the organization.

Getting back to RM. I don't there are many Falcons fans who love this hire but he's a known commodity to the folks in Flowery Branch. They believe that he wasn't ready when took the Bucs job @ 32 and in the past 15 years he's grown as a leader that has been a part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW. I listened to a couple of insiders on local radio and the thought is that Arthur Blank listened to his people and they convinced him that the BB style of coaching (negative reinforcement) would not work with today's player. This isn't to mention that BB apparently told Arthur Blank he wanted total and complete control of the organization.

Getting back to RM. I don't there are many Falcons fans who love this hire but he's a known commodity to the folks in Flowery Branch. They believe that he wasn't ready when took the Bucs job @ 32 and in the past 15 years he's grown as a leader that has been a part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams.
I don’t blame them for not wanting Belichick, but Morris is a loser retread. If they ever win more than six games in a season under him I’d be shocked.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He's an upbeat, energetic and positive guy, the opposite of old-school Belichick. He was popular here, esp when he turned it around in 2010 with a 10-6 record. I'm amazed at the number of opportunities that have come his way over the years and I'm sure he's benefited from the experience. Maybe this is his time. I still think the Falcons went small, too small.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know, man. You’ve been paycheck to paycheck the entire time I’ve known you.
I have a prescription from Dr Ox requiring these hookers.

butters stotch kenny GIF by South Park

And you cant do just hookers. Hookers go with blow like peanut butter and jelly.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I’m not liking that I keep hearing is how Pitts is overrated, under achieving and close to a bust based on where he was drafted.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have this fantasy of Kyle Pitts getting to play with Patrick Mahomes. Can you imagine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.