Auburn moving Cowart to DT

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After being a 5-star bust, Bryon Cowart is being moved to DT:

Former Auburn 5-star recruit changing positions this spring

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/au...urn-5-star-recruit-changing-positions-spring/

Auburn DE Byron Cowart, a 5-star recruit from the class of 2015, has been underwhelming in his two years with the Tigers.

However, defensive coordinator Kevin Steele said on Thursday that Auburn isn’t giving up on Cowart just yet. Instead, the Tigers will try him on the interior of the defensive line this spring:

Steele: Byron Cowart concentrating on working at defensive tackle during spring

— WarEagleExtra (@wareagleextra) March 3, 2017

Steele says Byron Cowart has gotten a little bit thicker and they're going to get him reps at defensive tackle this spring.

— Josh Vitale (@AUBlog) March 3, 2017

Coming out of high school, Cowart was the No. 1 defensive end in the class of 2015 and the No. 3 overall recruit in the entire country, according to 247Sports.

As he prepares for his junior year, time is running out for him to make good on the potential he once showed when the Tigers recruited him.

With a need to replace DT Montravius Adams and DE Carl Lawson along the defensive line, Steele and the Auburn defense need more from Cowart in 2017.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's about 280 pounds so it makes sense. But he has had some injuries and I think he was out due to an appendectomy last year.

He definitely had red flags with staying motivated coming out of high school. Same as Shavar Manuel.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Chump was a factor getting Cowart to Auburn and then he left after the first year. Everyone thought we missed the boat with him. Im almost glad he didnt pan out...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law called it. Said that both he and Holland would be busts.

They're both well on their way.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But I thought Muschamp was such a great recruiter? Better than Mac, some would say.

Guess not

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
But I thought Muschamp was such a great recruiter? Better than Mac, some would say.
Guess not
Well he did get him to go there over Mac so I'd venture to say he won this battle. If you land the hot chick, bang her, find out she sucks in bed and dump her for someone else while your buddy pined to hook up with her and never could your still winning

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another drama queen that flamed out. We are much better off without him.

I would add that his lack of success should be partially blamed on coaching. The physical was there, yes a kid needs to motivate himself, but it's also on the coaches to push that. He seemed to be in dawgchamp's dawghouse a lot, which lowered the flame.. but hey, fvk him anyway for not choosing the good guys

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
If Cowart had committed to the Gators we would have moved him to DT last year. He would have been way ahead of the curve. Somehow, I just don't feel like wishing him luck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law called it. Said that both he and Holland would be busts.

They're both well on their way.
It wasnt rocket surgery.

Both tweeners, both one trick poneys (blitz). Either weak or disinterested vs the run. Chicks love sacks but its not the way you earn playing time in the SEC.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It wasnt rocket surgery.

Both tweeners, both one trick poneys (blitz). Either weak or disinterested vs the run. Chicks love sacks but its not the way you earn playing time in the SEC.
giphy.gif

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CeCe turned out to be the man despite the drama!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he never recovered from Muschamp chewing him out in practice. Mentally scarred him for life I guess.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe his momma at least got a good job out of the move.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I wish we were the team switching a 5 star, 3rd overall player to DT instead of a 3 star O lineman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator