InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Preliminary autopsy results are in and the following are a summary of the significant findings as to the cause of death of the Butterteeth Regime:

1. Poor staff-
2. Nusschump and NOOOOOORD!-
3. Poor recruiting-
4. Injuries and suspensions-

These first four preliminary causes aren’t weighted.

Sorry Dr. Law, but you should maybe lose your license for this autopsy.

First of all this baby was stillborn. So the issue is not why no one could resuscitate it, but why it was stillborn. I see a number of causes:

1. A UAA that thinks it not coaches are why UF wins. They seemingly think they get the money and they can hire any old coach.

2. A desire to try to remake UF something it is not. UF from Ray Graves on has always been a fun program to watch. Sure it was more fun sometime than others. The UF program will not work in terms of fan support and financially with the kind of offense the former AD has been seeking.

3. Lying to the fan base. The former AD and scarily maybe still the power behind the scene wanted something different than the UF's DNA and what the fan base wanted. Could you change the DNA of a program from high powered offense to defense first, well Vince Dooley did at UGa. I doubt that you can do that while lying to the fan base that you are getting an offensive savior. I think the former AD did this because had he admitted his real view he might have lost his job, but doing this as he did was a formula for failure. McElwain knew what his boss wanted and thus played along with the offensive talk, while trying to deliver the program the former AD wanted. It was a no win situation.

4. Trying to become a style of program that the rules are evolving to stop. In the days of targeting and tossing mainly defensive players out of the game, it is working against the way the game evolving to try to go defensive first. Sure some defense oriented programs may be ok for a while going forward, but that is not the way to build your program and officials will work against you.

5. Finally and to me most importantly UF is not UAL. Yes Law UAL. They are not my or most UF fans ideal model. Our ideal model is the fun and gun which would work even better today with the way rules are evolving. That the former AD was tying to copy UAL in the last two hires is why they were doomed the day the coach was announced.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Sunday 10:30ish AM, and the Univ. of Florida has still NOT fired its so called head football coach!. Those pencil pushers are proving more incompetent than I even said they were. We have ZERO leadership.

Where agents and lawyers and millions of dollars are involved, stuff doesn't happen at the speed of Twitter.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
First post but long time lurker. Of all the **** that Mac has done this really got me that he does not want to win, no killer winning instinct as well as piss poor motivator of men. I read a Dooley article (mixed feelings about Dooley in general) about how he told the team before the game.

[[Florida AD Scott Stricklin met with the coach to tell him that a Saturday morning report that Florida was negotiating a buyout with McElwain’s agent Jimmy Sexton was false.

“First I had heard of it,” McElwain said. “My eggs didn’t taste real good.”

But he told his team about it anyway. For all of the things that have been said about McElwain, his players love him. So right before they board a bus to play in a season-saving game, he puts that in their heads.]]

WTF!!!!!! Why would you mentally f*** with the players on gameday!!! Maybe they still would have played like **** but why lord why would you do it. Did he think the players would play harder for him knowing this **** was possibly coming??? He has to be the worst motivator I have seen in many many years!

Of course he told his team. The team reads tweets just as much if not more than most youngsters and Twitter was inundated with half truths and innuendo about Mac being on the chopping block. They had it on their minds already. Why not give the team one solid piece of info from the AD no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.