Awesome story on Joseph Putu

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow. That's a great write up. What a rough upbringing.

Amazing this kid had only one D1 offers until 3 weeks before signing day. Then he gets Arkansas and UF....and several others (story says Ohio State came calling late).

10 INTs and 8 fumble recoveries in one season is ridiculous. If he can get 4 and 2 at UF he likely makes an "All-SEC" team (2nd or 3rd team).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was damn near a tear jerker. I may have missed this part but did his mom ever make it over here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another question, has putu made it in?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Wow. Just when you think life is hard you read something like this. I can't even imagine. I'm expecting big things from Putu, and I know he's going to succeed.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That was damn near a tear jerker. I may have missed this part but did his mom ever make it over here.

The article said he hasn't seen his Mom since he left the refugee camp when he was 7. It also says she moved back to Liberia, but he lost contact with her. You can only hope that one day they are re-united.

Overall... this is a great article. I love that his HS coach told him Florida is D.B.U! You have to think a kid with this level of athletic ability and focus will be a star! Glad to have him as a Gator.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Incredible journey so far. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of his success story, and I have a feeling that it is. I can see him having a big impact this year and potentially being a star next year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great story. I've been thrilled to have him since I first heard about him when we offered. Of all of this year's entrants, I'll be pulling for him the hardest. ...him and Trask.

I hope he affects others on the team with a sense of hard work, determination and gratitude. (Lookin' at you Cleveland and Wells)

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Awesome story about an awesome young man. I wish him all the best as a Gator and in all he does.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he stars for us on the field. (Soccer does hyperdevelop footwork and body balance.)
Looking forward to his first pick six. We're gonna hear his story told on National TV. Hope Tebow
makes contact with him. Causing all those fumbles must come from the "Putu-pounce" ?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
One of the best sports stories I've read in a long time. I hope this kid is a future first round pick.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Finally read the article.

His circumstances, determination and work ethic put him at the top of my list of favorite Gators. I hope he absolutely dominates his way to a high draft pick so he can give his family the help he desires. And I hope he can find his mom!

And I think he should get a pep talk from the HBC and Timmy before the season starts!

BTW, his size makes me think he can play either CB or S. I'm sure our new DB coach can figure out what to do with him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator