Gator Basketball B-Ball Transfers: Stone, Okauru, and Ballard

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It’s clear you do see the point if you think the comparison I was making was about who they played. The comparison that I’m making is about the thought process and comments are very similar between these recruits. Again, Walker & Hill we’re going to save the world just like you all are saying with next year’s class.

They are 17 and 18 year olds. Anything can happen

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Except this was post CW being at Florida. All the rave, yourself included, was that Walker & Hill were going to save the world when they stepped foot on campus.
No doubt, I'm not denying it.
crow_eating_toad.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So many of these too early jump CBB kids harm their futures. KJ et al should be driven to develop a 15 ppg average along with other skills.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They are 17 and 18 year olds. Anything can happen
No denying that. Anything can happen. All I know is most everyone (except the die hard White Pumpers) are giving White a "Wait till next year" because of his recruiting class coming in. There's no accountability to his past 4 years because apparently we were talentless bums. However next year will be extremely loaded with true freshman and sophomores all while we then use the next excuse of "Well, this team is young and White needs more time to develop".

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It’s clear you do see the point if you think the comparison I was making was about who they played. The comparison that I’m making is about the thought process and comments are very similar between these recruits. Again, Walker & Hill we’re going to save the world just like you all are saying with next year’s class.
No denying that. Anything can happen. All I know is most everyone (except the die hard White Pumpers) are giving White a "Wait till next year" because of his recruiting class coming in. There's no accountability to his past 4 years because apparently we were talentless bums. However next year will be extremely loaded with true freshman and sophomores all while we then use the next excuse of "Well, this team is young and White needs more time to develop".
I don't think many will be using that excuse next year. If we suck again, I promise you that I won't be.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be self-centered and say, I, want the UF BBall program to ascend to better than Top 10-ish. Okay, ascend under Mike White - that's fine but we have to be like the other admirable teams ... with effective inside athletes and a well-balanced attacking O & D. A team fun to watch. Fun to look forward to upcoming games.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

There is zero chance of MW being fired right now. Literally zero. So many alumni continue to support the team. That’s not really unusual. If the team sucks next year I guarantee there will a higher than zero chance he could be fired.

The argument seems to be that alumni should not be supporting much less show excitement about their school. It’s not like the pro’s....where folks just root for a new team based on who they have coaching and playing. In college very, very few start rooting for a new team. We’re Gators. This is who we support. Get rid of White and I’ll support the new guy. I like our team and excited about who we have coming in.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all the SEC coaches getting fired, if White doesn't lead us to a big time year next season then yes he will be fired and he should be...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no White :nutswinger:, in fact after we were 12-11 I predicted we'd finish 15-16 and not even make the NIT. I couldn't even watch half the games I was so frustrated. What happened to the offense at the beginning of the 2017-18 season when we were pushing 100 points against some good competition? That's the offense I want to see.
So after 12-11, I was relegated to mostly watching GatorVision highlights, which is all the good plays right? :lol: But the team seemed to rally after Stone's injury, made the Dance, and actually won their first round game. In my mind, that was an accomplishment after being 12-11 and losing Stone. Given that, and the recruiting class White has coming in, you have to give him another year. We've been burned before and we may get burned again by these incoming 5*s, but getting rid of White right now is not happening. You know it, we all know it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I can quit posting now as Bart and Marine post what I think. Saving me some time since I am so busy.

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
There is zero chance of MW being fired right now. Literally zero. So many alumni continue to support the team. That’s not really unusual. If the team sucks next year I guarantee there will a higher than zero chance he could be fired.

The argument seems to be that alumni should not be supporting much less show excitement about their school. It’s not like the pro’s....where folks just root for a new team based on who they have coaching and playing. In college very, very few start rooting for a new team. We’re Gators. This is who we support. Get rid of White and I’ll support the new guy. I like our team and excited about who we have coming in.

Totally agree. The "coaching team" (MW and his assistants) have left a huge hole for next year for our front court.

With Hayes (graduation), Stone (transfer), C. Johnson (transfer), and the possibility of Gak not being able to play, leaves basically Bassett, Stokes, and the frosh Payne who is barely 200 lbs soaking wet. Out of our three current freshmen, only Locke is a true shooter. Not sure if we would reach 60 points/game next year.

We need some BIG transfers (both outright or grad) and 2019 schollies to keep our heads above water.

That said, what is the recruiting rule? Can we take an additional 1-2 high school recruits?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if this helps with quinones

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.