Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will be interesting to see if Gatorchatter is mentioned in the next press conference. Either by reporters citing us or by Mac himself. Ox has created enough of a firestorm about it that you have to think questions will be asked and Mac will have to answer it.

Hope Mac doesn't use Ox's name in vain. :lol3:

Mac - "and yet, some bovine with no balls is running around spreading fake news about our team. He made a choice"

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
An apparent "sweep under the rug" by Mac and co. Tried keeping it tight lipped and handled internally but if it really is Calloway, shame on him for not throwing that kid out on the highway. He's had more than enough chances to prove he deserves these types of opportunities

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So what happened at 3am??? Was someone trying to impress some female with knowledge of the football team and someone overheard that conversation???

It was all over Gainesville last night and today. The OP probably heard it at a bar and went home and put it in the chat.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
With a group involved would this be a cc fraud ring? And as such could this have been a "foolproof" plan passed to AC by that "old pro felon that he was caught with at 3 AM setting things up? .... hope AC is absolutely not connected.

Also, if we payed these players, we'd be paying players that won't pay off.
Kids today need some old fashion morality training. This ridicule of decency has to be turned around. Their photos ought to be posted across campus. "The affront of shaming can get in front of shameful acts."

I absolutely believe that occasionally good people make bad mistakes and they should be given the benefit of the doubt however this has gone beyond making a single bad decision. It is no coincidence when bad things keep happening around the same individual.

I hope for Callaway that he doesn't wake up one day and realize he squandered one of the biggest opportunities of his life. I hope it's not too late for him and hopefully he can correct his behavior some where far from Gainesville.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
An apparent "sweep under the rug" by Mac and co. Tried keeping it tight lipped and handled internally but if it really is Calloway, shame on him for not throwing that kid out on the highway. He's had more than enough chances to prove he deserves these types of opportunities

Nah, that UT game winning catch was worth 9 lives to me.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck getting on their website

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that five Gator football players have been involved in credit card fraud.

Per the source, at some point during Summer B, Antonio Callaway, Jawaan Taylor, Brad Stewart, Kadeem Telfort, and Jordan Smith went into a store and bought $1500 worth of items on three student credit cards. The credit cards were issued to them as part of their athletic scholarship, and were given to purchase items needed as student athletes. The items purchased did not fall under this category. The players then went out and sold the items.

The Gainesville Police Department does not plan on making any arrests, and the University of Florida does not plan on disciplining its players; the school is more interested in being compensated than in punishing the players. Given that the players did not have explicit permission from UF to either buy the items or sell them, that is a form of stealing, so if there were to be charges filed, they would be “scheme to defraud” charges, which are a third degree felony.

At this point, allow me to dispel a few rumors floating around:

-The amount of money spent on the credit cards was not $150,000, but $1500. UF tightly monitors what happens with its credit cards, and would have figured it out immediately had the amount been much more.

-These events took place some time ago, so arrests would have been made had the amount been significantly larger.

-The credit cards did not belong to fellow UF students, and were obtained by the players fully legally. They were not stolen.

-Malik Zaire and Chauncey Gardner, two players rumored to have participated in this, were not involved.

-No player will be kicked out of school or dismissed from the team because of this. If suspensions do happen, they will come from Jim McElwain, not the school, and they figure to be minimal.

I’m still tying up a few loose ends to this story, and will have everything for you by tomorrow or Monday. But for now, know that the crimes committed were not nearly as horrible as the rumors claim they were.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can somebody catch me up... I don't have time to read all 15 pages... They did this, but it is old news and nothing will happen?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind that Mac said everybody was cleared to play and this incident supposedly happened a while ago.
well according to IAKOW, sounds like they just bought schit on the school issued credit cards, then turned around and sold the stuff they bought, and the school just wants to recoup the money spent from the players, perhaps they already did, and that's why it was kept internal and not a larger issue. :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator