Bad Parenting In Public

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I took my 5 year old son to the South Florida Fair, and let’s just say that place is a “Hodgepodge of Americana”

He went on one of those “fun house” type rides where kids climb ladders and go down slides. He got confused on where to go and some pork chop 8 year old girl knocked him over intentionally. Fatty’s Mom was right next to me, and chuckled about her soon to be teen-mom going Mike and Maurkice Pouncey on my kid. (A pancake that neither mom nor daughter would ever say no to)

After her daughter oozed up the ladder to the next slide, I told my boy “sorry bud, some kids aren’t nice”. Mom and I shared looks, but her return glance was rather devoid of intelligence and civility.

For me, it was just one of those moments that makes me pray for our younger generation: Reminds me of a saying: “Need a license to catch a fish, but not to have a kid”

It was my first time as a dad that I truly wanted to kill a mom. Care to share your moments of bad parenting and how you handled it.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Well, my wife came home and said some jackass didn't like that my somewhat curvey daughter knocked over his son, but other than that, I got nothing! :stickpoke:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Flipside with good parenting. When my first was about 3y old we took them to the park. They absolutely loved the swing, still does. But on the swings or slides or whatever, when dad was getting tired and needed a change we explained "We need to let other kids have a chance" and my kid learned to move on and not hog something up. Even when we were the only ones in the park.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think if you look hard enough you can always find a crappy parent and a kid projecting that. We have had other issues recently where we have distanced ourselves from the parents of some of our child's friend. One who's parents outright support for Hamas (if you want to call it Palestine whatever) on social media and another who's kid said something to mine putting him down that clearly came from the parents trying to make their kid feel better.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My story is from just over a year ago when my middle son was a senior in high school. Abel is biracial but he looks black. There was a kid in his class, Aaron, that he started kindergarten with that was raised by total racists.

They had a student-teacher for the first semester. Aaron began the year saying things like, "Abel is my ni##3r" or "You're my ni##3r aren't you Abel?" He even told the student teacher that, "Abel is my ni##3r" on at least one occasion. Of course, Abel never told me about that until Christmas break and the student teacher had already finished his responsibility and was gone. So in January of 2023 I went to school to address this with the principle. He said that he would have to confirm the accusations but that the student teacher had already gone so that might be difficult. I reminded him that he had a phone number for the guy and to do what he could.

Aaron denied saying that and none of the "witnesses" would confirm what Abel claimed. I personally believe 1000% that Abel was telling the truth because I know the Aaron and I know his parents and even grand parents.

So nothing was done and Aaron was not held responsible. End of story.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Some kids are natural born a$$h0les and all parents have bad days. Just wanted to throw that in there for the sake of balance.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There was one time at the playground when my two older daughters were little that my oldest was getting bullied by a group of older boys. I was up to the top of the slide within 2 seconds (ran up the slide) and three boys went flinging down it head first shortly after.

In retrospect, I probably wasn't setting a good example for my own girls. Sorry for my bad parenting.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had a similar experience at a birthday party at Chukee Cheese. Wife and I basically decided to cut our losses and avoid the places where kids ran wild and without supervision or correction. We would still run into the occasional turd kid/parent combo in sports but the competitive needs of that atmosphere usually took care of itself.

I guess the best thing we did was stress treating others the same way you would want to be treated and it has served our kids well and they’ve learned to handle themselves among a variety of what composes society. We’ve also lived in a rural, small town area. That has helped with the types of interactions the kids experience.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We all have moments we're we are bad parents... I mean I have called my daughter a little ass-hole on a few occasions... Usually "Quit being a lil ass-hole today". She is a sore loser and competes to win (some parents say at time too much). I don't want her to take things for granted, but also not take any schit from anyone. Which at times makes her a lil ass-hole.

She will come to be about some lil kid being a schit on the playground or the jump park.... my answer is always either do something else, wait your turn, or show them you're better. Unfortunately she is a lil ass-hole and usually chooses to show them she is better.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Good parenting: Both my kids are smart, to the point of getting tested and accepted for gifted programs and working in some classes at a grade ahead level. Early on I explained that not everything is as easy to everyone as it is to them, so don't act like something is a breeze or a joke when your buddy might be miserable about it. Instead, if you can do something well, try to help others who are struggling with it. Both have taken this to heart across a myriad of settings and are always helping others out, never boasting.

Bad parenting: Ask either of my kids what my primary rule is in all things and they'll tell you it is "Always be safe". My first (and only kid at the time) was about 2-3 yo and I had them in the kids play area of the local mall. It had that thin carpet floor and lots of knee tall stuff to climb over and slide down and such with parental bench seating around the edge. I figured out, if I held my kids hips and lifted, I could tilt them forwards to me to do a forward flip and catch them again on the hips upright. That is, until I didn't, and ended up dropping them on their head on the floor in the middle of all the other parents in the mall. I immediately scooped them up and went running thru the mall to find mom as a giant goose egg blew up on the kid's head. Found mom, handed off the screaming/crying kid and disappeared for a bit.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We all have moments we're we are bad parents... I mean I have called my daughter a little ass-hole on a few occasions... Usually "Quit being a lil ass-hole today". She is a sore loser and competes to win (some parents say at time too much). I don't want her to take things for granted, but also not take any schit from anyone. Which at times makes her a lil ass-hole.

She will come to be about some lil kid being a schit on the playground or the jump park.... my answer is always either do something else, wait your turn, or show them you're better. Unfortunately she is a lil ass-hole and usually chooses to show them she is better.

Is that you Alec Baldwin?

411: Caught on Tape: Alec Baldwin Calls Daughter a 'Rude, Thoughtless Pig'

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My story is from just over a year ago when my middle son was a senior in high school. Abel is biracial but he looks black. There was a kid in his class, Aaron, that he started kindergarten with that was raised by total racists.

They had a student-teacher for the first semester. Aaron began the year saying things like, "Abel is my ni##3r" or "You're my ni##3r aren't you Abel?" He even told the student teacher that, "Abel is my ni##3r" on at least one occasion. Of course, Abel never told me about that until Christmas break and the student teacher had already finished his responsibility and was gone. So in January of 2023 I went to school to address this with the principle. He said that he would have to confirm the accusations but that the student teacher had already gone so that might be difficult. I reminded him that he had a phone number for the guy and to do what he could.

Aaron denied saying that and none of the "witnesses" would confirm what Abel claimed. I personally believe 1000% that Abel was telling the truth because I know the Aaron and I know his parents and even grand parents.

So nothing was done and Aaron was not held responsible. End of story.
So you black huh? Interesting...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wednesday morning at 9:00 it’s a bare field or empty paved space. By 4:30 Thursday afternoon it’s a “fair” with life threatening, upside-down-hanging thrill rides, put together in haste by meth heads and other unqualified fat carnies who haven’t showered in days. You’re still a good parent for wanting to take her to something fun, but mistake number one was going to the fair. But yeah, I can only imagine, between what the Muck and West Palm turn out, the people at the SF Fair. Glad you two made it out alive.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wednesday morning at 9:00 it’s a bare field or empty paved space. By 4:30 Thursday afternoon it’s a “fair” with life threatening, upside-down-hanging thrill rides, put together in haste by meth heads and other unqualified fat carnies who haven’t showered in days. You’re still a good parent for wanting to take her to something fun, but mistake number one was going to the fair. But yeah, I can only imagine, between what the Muck and West Palm turn out, the people at the SF Fair. Glad you two made it out alive.
Yeah, fairs are meant for the folks in HUD housing and trailer parks to able to share the same space, eat the same foods, play the same games, ride the same rides and inject the same needles all while attempting to keep the homicides under a dozen or so.
In short, to keep the the remaining metro area free from scum if only for a week or two.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Honestly depends on the day... But when she is in the stands at the Gator games (regardless of sport) they know who she is rooting for and how she feels about the other team or teams.
My reference was towards you... But I think you already knew that, huh? :fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.