Bama banned from LA High School

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The story quoted took place when Ole Nussy was there. Things are starting to make sense.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
He's got such a sincere, honest face. I just can't believe he would mislead anyone.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone actually wrote a story about something everybody already knew? Journalists must be starving these days.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It's a non-story just like the coach in South Florida that banned a UF assistant.

The high school coaches are trying to look out for their kids. Some of them take it personally when a kid receives an offer only to find out later that they don't really have an offer.

The college coaches have to cast a wide net. They have to scatter offers in the wind and hope some stick.

It's the same game that has been played out for decades. Nothing new in this story except Twitter and the 24 hour news cycle.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would never think that Saban would do anything wrong, much less unethical.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It had to do with Brandon Harris. Nuss and Napier raved over him. Bama wouldn't give him a commitable offer without camping. So Harris started making plans to other schools. As his coach said, he only has so much money to go camp. Bama gave him a commitable offer to get him on campus then they rescinded the offer when he got there.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It had to do with Brandon Harris. Nuss and Napier raved over him. Bama wouldn't give him a commitable offer without camping. So Harris started making plans to other schools. As his coach said, he only has so much money to go camp. Bama gave him a commitable offer to get him on campus then they rescinded the offer when he got there.
No they didn't. They asked him to camp. When he showed up they said they were looking at other QBs.

LSU's welcome in my school anytime," Feaster said (h/t Mark Heim of AL.com). "The only school that can't come to Parkway is Alabama. And there's a long story behind that, but it had to do with not being ethical in their recruiting."

Feaster cited a recruiting situation with Parkway graduate and former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris as a reason for disliking the way Alabama handles recruiting.
In the story as Feaster recounted, then-Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and then-wide receivers coach Billy Napier came to him saying they wanted to make Harris a scholarship offer:

I said, "OK, good. How many quarterbacks have you offered so far?" (They said) "about 6 or 7." So I said, "So you really haven't offered anybody." (They said), "well, coach, an offer from us at quarterback is really an offer to come to camp." I said, "OK, I understand what you're saying. You are offering these kids to meet Nick Saban. It's a big deal and he might go. But what I am telling Brandon is you only have so much money and so much time to spend, go to the schools that have you atop the boards."

Napier called Feaster back after seeing Harris' film from the spring game, offering Harris the opportunity to speak with Saban, who said Harris had a committable offer with the school.

"By the time he gets to campus in June—and I'm not saying Brandon was going to commit to Alabama—it wasn't an option," Feaster said. "Basically what they told him is that we got other guys that are going to come through here, and I promised them a shot. So we have to wait and see then."

Feaster did emphasize he isn't discouraging his players from going to Alabama, but he's "just not going to help Alabama recruit [his] guys."

Feaster got fired and rightfully so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.