Bama picked to win SEC - Ole Miss, Miss St. and Ark given better chance than us

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...east-favorite/

Can't believe Miss State and Arkansas got votes but not us.

" Today is the final day of SEC Media Week, which means it is time to crown a preseason favorite from each division. The media assembled in Hoover, Alabama have crowned Alabama as the SEC favorite this season. South Carolina was tabbed the preseason favorite in the SEC East by the media as well.
Alabama received 154 points from the media as the overall conference favorite. Defending SEC champion Auburn received the second most votes with 75. SEC East favorite South Carolina took 32 votes, followed by Georgia (19) and LSU (nine). Ole Miss (two), Arkansas (one) and Mississippi State (one) each received a vote to win the SEC this season as well. Defending SEC East champion Missouri did not receive any championship votes."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's what 4-8 gets ya...no respect.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who really cares what the media votes on? It's not like they're ever right in the first place .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But but but but

Errrrrrbody knows it was just some bad luck last year and we're bringing back the bestest coach and a juggernaut of a team, stacked at every position.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n15763 said:
No surprise.

That we got no repsect or Law's sarcastic displeasure with our current coach, QB, team, etc.?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, the guy that voted for Arkansas was wearing an Arkansas lanyard according to Zach who used to post articles on GSMB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That Miss State and Arkansas vote was ridiculous imo. We definitely have a better chance than them. Ole Miss might be pretty good this year however.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n15762 said:
But but but but

Errrrrrbody knows it was just some bad luck last year and we're bringing back the bestest coach and a juggernaut of a team, stacked at every position.

Give it a break sugar dumpling.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could be based on their faith in the respective up & coming HCs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone saw Saban's retort to thevote...it was awesome. Not sure where you can watch it but it was amazing. He said the media has gotten 18 of the last 21 picks wrong. He went out to saw we evaluate you guys too. It was hilarious.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;15800 said:
If anyone saw Saban's retort to thevote...it was awesome. Not sure where you can watch it but it was amazing. He said the media has gotten 18 of the last 21 picks wrong. He went out to saw we evaluate you guys too. It was hilarious.

I saw this, and I thought it was great. It's also eye-opening. Imagine where Auburn and Missouri were in the eyes of commentators last year. Both were under .500 in 2012. This proves a turnaround is very possible in our league.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miss st deserves to be ahead of us. They're coming off of a better season and they have a pretty good qb. Like we've all said preseason rankings mean absolutely dick. Arkansas being voted ahead of us bat **** crazy

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
WobbleGator;n15763 said:
No surprise.

That we got no repsect or Law's sarcastic displeasure with our current coach, QB, team, etc.?
Yes and Yes.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The media there gets wrong way more than right. Saban of all people called them out. Completely what I would expect after 4-8. With that said, not surprised and typical :kiffin: from the media.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n15817 said:
Miss st deserves to be ahead of us. They're coming off of a better season and they have a pretty good qb. Like we've all said preseason rankings mean absolutely dick. Arkansas being voted ahead of us bat **** crazy

Not imo - with our new offense. Ole Miss however despite their tough schedule looks like they have some nice young talent there. If Miss State doesn't get a big win in the West this year I think Mullen may be gone.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The media does get the actual winner wrong most times. I remember everyone thought we were a lock in 09 and no one thought Auburn would rebound to actually win it last season but I would say the winner is usually in their first couple of choices most years.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly the kind of treatment we deserve from the media after last season. No surprise here. One thing's for sure, there's no better way to respond to this "insult" than to play like we should. Do the talking on the scoreboard & everything else will will follow. I kinda' like all the hating, It should serve as motivation to a hungry team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
The media does get the actual winner wrong most times. I remember everyone thought we were a lock in 09 and no one thought Auburn would rebound to actually win it last season but I would say the winner is usually in their first couple of choices most years.
I don't think we can say that about our offense because we don't know yet. It's a good possibility we end up being a better team, but right now they deserve more respect than us. I too have high hopes for this offense this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just fuel for our boys to use for motivation. Not surprising after last year though. Nobody can safely predict what will happen this year for our Gators. Too many unknowns still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator