Beavers part with Gary Andersen - Mac in their crosshairs?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
muschamp.jpg

8940AD33-D72C-438E-A836-412AE1D6973C.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Huh? You're comparing McElwain and Steve Spurrier? C'mon, man!

If/when he is fired, he will be pushing 60 years old. He's a failed head coach and you think another program is going to give him another chance? Okay....

The comparison was age only.

Failed coaches can’t get another job? Muschump is laughing at you.

Oregon State isn’t a pressure cooker program like UF and other SEC schools.

Edit: forgot to add... Question a Master Chief at your own risk, sir.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The comparison was age only.

Failed coaches can’t get another job? Muschump is laughing at you.

Oregon State isn’t a pressure cooker program like UF and other SEC schools.

Again, I've explained (in other remarks) about Muschamp. And you're comparing apples and oranges (not only w/ Spurrier and McElwain....but McElwain and Muschamp). Muschamp is 45 years old, Butters is 56. Sure, he could get another job....but it's more likely at a Fresno, Montana, Idaho, etc. He's not selling his BS the way Muschamp, Lane Kiffin, and a Charlie Weis can sell it. "Hey, I got fired at Florida because I'm an offensive genius....but my offenses ranked in the bottom 100 of all of college football....plus 9 of my players stole money from the university!! Please hire me to lead your program!" It ain't happenin. He'll be on his Montana ranch counting his UF cash....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Again, I've explained (in other remarks) about Muschamp. And you're comparing apples and oranges (not only w/ Spurrier and McElwain....but McElwain and Muschamp). Muschamp is 45 years old, Butters is 56. Sure, he could get another job....but it's more likely at a Fresno, Montana, Idaho, etc. He's not selling his BS the way Muschamp, Lane Kiffin, and a Charlie Weis can sell it. "Hey, I got fired at Florida because I'm an offensive genius....but my offenses ranked in the bottom 100 of all of college football....plus 9 of my players stole money from the university!! Please hire me to lead your program!" It ain't happenin. He'll be on his Montana ranch counting his UF cash....

Got a notification of your reply on tapatalk and didn’t see the other responses...

So you think OSU has coaches lining up for the vacancy like an SEC school? Even while we’re in the gutter, UF is in a better position. We just need an AD who knows how to recognize a good coach and write a big enough check.

Now quit questioning a Master Chief.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac in the crosshairs of OSU? there's some wishful thinking.

I like it, though. It's hopeful:lol:

Here's some more optimism. Ole Tommy tubbervile left texas tech for cincy to escape a firing. Maybe we catch that kinda break?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some more optimism. Ole Tommy tubbervile left texas tech for cincy to escape a firing. Maybe we catch that kinda break?

That would be a true miracle. Mac does look like he wants out of here but I doubt any power 5 school will come calling. I could see those schools out west hiring Sumlin when he gets canned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just as long as they haven't watched any of our tape.
They need a champion! The east Champion QB Whisperer Guru!

Please please please.

Lets hope Tebow and Danny are praying for us.

Think they would hire him midseason?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a true miracle. Mac does look like he wants out of here but I doubt any power 5 school will come calling. I could see those schools out west hiring Sumlin when he gets canned.
I think sumlins gonna survive another year. He'll probably end up 9-3.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This just hit me... does Corral follow Mac?

This is irrelevant. In a bad offense with bad coaching Corral is not going to be a star in college. If however he gets good coaching in a good offense, Corral could be an excellent college player.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder why they would want him????

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Man... this is a potential miracle! Can we encourage them somehow? Throw in a case of Gatoraid or NBq sauce or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.