BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Gators will be taking on....

The Jaguars!!

From South Alabama!!

:ohboy:

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...football-Gators-to-host-South-Alabama-in-2020

The Florida football team has added South Alabama to the 2020 schedule, the schools announced Thursday.

The game will be a one-time arrangement with the Jaguars, who opened their season with Mississippi State last year and begin their season with Ole Miss this season.

The game is scheduled for Sept.19 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

The remainder of Florida’s home and away schedule for that season will be announced at a later date.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
thread title is misleading. I say delete the whole thing - :thumbup:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Excellent, the correct two wimps to allow the team to be properly prepared for the real season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent, the correct two wimps to allow the team to be properly prepared for the real season.
1996 team played SW Louisiana and Georgia Southern before the SEC slate started.
2006 team played Southern Miss and UCF.
2008 team played Hawaii and a Miami team who finished 7-6.

OOC schedules are incredibly overrated when you play the SEC and FSU every year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Also just heard on local radio that Michigan game starts at 3:30 on ABC. FWIW

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So. Alabama beat Big Dan Mullen and Miss St. last year. :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1996 team played SW Louisiana and Georgia Southern before the SEC slate started.

OOC schedules are incredibly overrated when you play the SEC and FSU every year.

This is absolutely correct!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I believe each of those years, we still managed to play the toughest or at least a top 3 schedule in the country.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
While I am one who says the heck with it and schedule miami first game every year because i love the rivalry, realistically we, the gators, play a top 5 schedule, year in and year out due to being in the sec and playing FSU every year. It simply does not benefit us to play huge opponents for the first game. Now if youre michigan and only have to worry about Ohio state (exaggerating but not really) it behooves them to play big games.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
While I am one who says the heck with it and schedule miami first game every year because i love the rivalry, realistically we, the gators, play a top 5 schedule, year in and year out due to being in the sec and playing FSU every year. It simply does not benefit us to play huge opponents for the first game. Now if youre michigan and only have to worry about Ohio state (exaggerating but not really) it behooves them to play big games.

Love to get the Canes back on the schedule, wouldn't be opposed to playing Fsu two years, then playing the Canes two years. And keep alternating them like that. I'm sure that would be dang near impossible to pull off though. If we could just get those two in the SEC then it wouldn't be a problem, then they could face the rest of teams we do.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Love to get the Canes back on the schedule, wouldn't be opposed to playing Fsu two years, then playing the Canes two years. And keep alternating them like that. I'm sure that would be dang near impossible to pull off though. If we could just get those two in the SEC then it wouldn't be a problem, then they could face the rest of teams we do.
Screw playing the Canes and double screw allowing either of those two in the SEC. Why would we want them to reap the financial benefits of being in our conference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.