Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Well guys I'm real sorry to be a downer and everything but considering how psyched I am about this hire I figured an explanation is owed why I guess I won't be here for the festivities today.

My Dad just called to say my Mom has passed. I have to tidy up my affairs for the week so I can go over there to Clearwater now.

Kind of in shock.

Guess I will see you fellas later. Go Gators!!
My sincere condolences GGG
Take care of your family.

I think most of us are at that age, where our parents are at risk.

Take care and we will hold the fort down here, until you get back.

God bless

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
After watching the presser these words come to mind...." under sell, over perform "
We are fortunate to have this cat!

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Well guys I'm real sorry to be a downer and everything but considering how psyched I am about this hire I figured an explanation is owed why I guess I won't be here for the festivities today.

My Dad just called to say my Mom has passed. I have to tidy up my affairs for the week so I can go over there to Clearwater now.

Kind of in shock.

Guess I will see you fellas later. Go Gators!!

Prayers up for you and yours GGG. So sorry for your loss..

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Says he’ll coach QBs like Butters did….

Says he wants to run the ball and control line of scrimmage (like Chump did)….

but he’s not vague and strange like Butters and not solely concerned with defense like Chump, so we can see what happens if he gets elite players in all phases of the game.
upload_2021-12-5_19-40-13.png

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Almost 40 ANAL-ysts at ULL. That means a place like UF should have 100 or more ANAL-ysts, yet I bet we had less than 10. There is no question that the FOOLEYization was in full affect in the athletic dept. UF has become a fkking laughing stock!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
This is why I wanted Billy. He secured a 7.5 million pool for assistants and 5 million for support staff. Now we are talking! This is Alabama and Georgia level support. Billy got it done. He fumigated the stench of Foley from our program. Foleyroaches are a problem of the past. Even If billy does not work out (unlikely imo) this is the gift that will benefit the program forever.
In my vast and storied experience of turning around failing football programs, I have learned it’s not a sprint but a marathon.

McElwain thought he and “Claribelle” were the magic elixir. Mullen, when he wasn’t trying to walk on water, thought he could make it happen.

Billy sees the long road ahead, and doesn’t apologize or make excuses for it. 2022 will probably not be ideal, but beyond that the future looks bright.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is why I wanted Billy. He secured a 7.5 million pool for assistants and 5 million for support staff. Now we are talking! This is Alabama and Georgia level support. Billy got it done. He fumigated the stench of Foley from our program. Foleyroaches are a problem of the past. Even If billy does not work out (unlikely imo) this is the gift that will benefit the program forever.

Not so fast my friend. Although no one hopes you are correct more than me, the fact that Fooley still has a parking space, Fooley still has a desk and Fooley still has a place to sit means that the Fooley stench still permeates throughout the entire organization. It does not mean that it can't be kept at bay, but for it to be 100% fumigated it will take teams of Hazmat clad workers and then the unadulterated fact that Fooley is not allowed within thousands of miles of the place. Then and only then will the Fooley stench be gone.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I missed the podcast again. I had another orgy to attend. And by orgy I mean the wife said I needed to take the dogs for a walk and make dinner (wife is laid up waiting on surgery so Im running the show and failing miserably). How can I watch it?
Go to floridagators.com good site with pod cast gallor

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I listened to part of it until the idiotic questions made me stop. Who cares how his day was after his previous team won. I see someone who is still not that great with the media, but he did make a good case for process and experience in both the current players and recruits being the key to long term success.

I do wonder why nobody asked about a passing attack which today is the real key to victory. Bama had almost no rushing attack against the Dogs, but a good passing attack which won the game. And everything starts with good linemen, more that the five that he mentioned on offense.

Hope springs eternal.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
What did Dooley say.... couldn't hear him, but could tell Billy didn't care for it by how dismissive he was...
Let me guess

“Coach, Pat Dooley. Are you ready for the gidiots who want instant gratification and don’t understand the way you and I do about how this stuff works? Have you heard Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac? Don’t you wish entitled fans would go their own way and let us big boys handle the real business of football? I was talking to Pete Thamel the other day about Nick, you know, from Alabama, and—“

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator