Bobby Petrino is not very well liked.....by his own team

divits

A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
I'm far from being a prude, but I guess I would rather be embarrassed by having a coach who loses to Georgia Southern than a coach who is a total doosh and doesn't have an once of integrity.
Right or wrong, you're probably in the minority there.
Meyer did indeed turn out to be pretty sleazy but he didn't have that history when we hired him. Many of his transgressions became more evident after he left although his team's rap sheet did continue to grow during his tenure. But it's not like he did anything that would have warranted voiding his contract like creating a high paying job for a squeeze that was about the same age as his daughter.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
williston_gator;n31655 said:
There is "significant friction" between Louisville HC Bobby Petrino and DC Todd Grantham, according to sources close to SI's Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel.
I will say I find it amusing that two proven jerks can't get along. Grantham may be a bigger doosh than Petrino.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
oxrageous;n31658 said:
Petrino is a known jerk and womanizer, but has he ever been accused of cheating?

At schools like Louisville and Arky, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't competin'

GMDGator

Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
'78 said:
I'd take Muschamp and my dignity over Petrino any day! Besides, you are just trading one side of the ball for another... He has never one anything of consequence by focusing on offense only.

GMDGator

Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
oxrageous said:
Petrino is a known jerk and womanizer, but has he ever been accused of cheating?
NO, and before Hernandez killed a guy in Boston, he wasn't accused of murder either....

Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n31604 said:
I'm far from being a prude, but I guess I would rather be embarrassed by having a coach who loses to Georgia Southern than a coach who is a total doosh and doesn't have an once of integrity.
Different degrees of slime with Petrino's taking the cake for being more supremely sleazy. I think, too, we're mixing and matching two sets of circumstances in our eval of the guy, the indiscretion at Arkansas being one and the general feeling that he's a big prick, no pun, the other. Fact is, he's a brilliant offensive mind who's likely to make a big difference at Louisville. Maybe he has rehabilitated himself off the field.

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Turk182 said:
oxrageous;n31605 said:

I would rather have a Coach with Good Character and the ability to win Championships.

We may have that right now, only time will tell.
How much time? "This is not a 5 year plan." WM

t-gator

too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Grantham is gonna be Louisville' s biggest downfall. Has there ever been a dc do so little with so much? Talk about bad coordinator hires

Jenny On The Railroad

oxrageous;n31662 said:
I will say I find it amusing that two proven jerks can't get along. Grantham may be a bigger doosh than Petrino.

Yeah, what a shocker. who could have possibly foreseen it???? Grantham gets along with everyone. such a laid back guy.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
This will be fun to watch. I can't believe anyone would pay Grantham top money. Perhaps Petrino was getting a Lewinsky from an intern when he should have been watching gamefilm of the Puppies.

I also think it's hilarious that some of you would rather lose with Richt's Biiiitch running our team than win with a winner who Clintoned an intern. Richt's Biiiitch has done some pretty embarrassing stuff like bloodying himself at halftime, screamed at fans, made our program into a bottom half of the SEC team, etc. What a joke.

divits

A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Law98gator;n32063 said:
This will be fun to watch. I can't believe anyone would pay Grantham top money. Perhaps Petrino was getting a Lewinsky from an intern when he should have been watching gamefilm of the Puppies.

I also think it's hilarious that some of you would rather lose with Richt's Biiiitch running our team than win with a winner who Clintoned an intern. Richt's Biiiitch has done some pretty embarrassing stuff like bloodying himself at halftime, screamed at fans, made our program into a bottom half of the SEC team, etc. What a joke.

"Seriously, from my heart, thank you for all of your support, Bubba. If you're every in Louisville give me a call and we can go scope out some b!tches together. I've had my eye on some pretty good prospects outside the junior high just down the street from the stadium."
bobby-petrino-p10423.jpg

t-gator

too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Law98gator said:

You don't know he used a cigar

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.