Bookies Think Gators Are Better Than Last Year

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Just what the hell are they basing that on? Maybe the typist had the shakes.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Somebody pointed out the pass-happy play calling vs umass was not how Mac has historically approached a game. The game kinda felt like a scrimmage with the player rotation, too. Perhaps Mac was getting too cute with what he expected to be a blowout and that attitude trickled down to the players. Or maybe UF is exactly what we saw and it'll be a long season. I hope the bookies have it right, though.

Side note: the running game looked better with J Taylor at RT (vice Fred J), so maybe that's a good place to start with offensive adjustments.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Somebody pointed out the pass-happy play calling vs umass was not how Mac has historically approached a game. The game kinda felt like a scrimmage with the player rotation, too. Perhaps Mac was getting too cute with what he expected to be a blowout and that attitude trickled down to the players. Or maybe UF is exactly what we saw and it'll be a long season. I hope the bookies have it right, though.

Side note: the running game looked better with J Taylor at RT (vice Fred J), so maybe that's a good place to start with offensive adjustments.

Based on the opening bomb I do have a feeling that Mac wanted to have a spurrieresque night with the passing game but because of the weird pace of the game we never got in sync. Yeah I think Mac expected a blowout, Yeah I think the heavy pass/run ratio was the plan not only for fun but in order to get LDR as many plays as possible. It just didn't lead to a lot of points in the first half although we did score on 3 outta 5 drives. Our first two drives took 5 minutes so the game felt slow.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with them. We are better than last year, but last year we were pretty darn bad.

Sep 29, 2015
Based on the opening bomb I do have a feeling that Mac wanted to have a spurrieresque night with the passing game but because of the weird pace of the game we never got in sync. Yeah I think Mac expected a blowout, Yeah I think the heavy pass/run ratio was the plan not only for fun but in order to get LDR as many plays as possible. It just didn't lead to a lot of points in the first half although we did score on 3 outta 5 drives. Our first two drives took 5 minutes so the game felt slow.

This. The kid came into the game with 18 snaps under his belt. If there was ever a game to let him shake off rust and sling it around it was this one.

I think the UK line is more a reflection on UK having lost to southerngrillin - I mean southern miss - than it is a reflection on us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we opened up about 17 point favorites in 2014 also. We will probably need some turnovers to cover the spread.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe the bookies have lost their marbles as previously accused in this thread (with probable sarcasm). However, let's not forget Vegas has to do their business with zero room for homerism. They have to look objectively at the games to make a profit. I'm clinging to any optimism I can find right now. I didn't like what I saw either.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
UK gave up 44 points to Southern Miss, at home! While we aren't the Gators of old, we are still capable of beating the sh!t out of UK. Here is the ledge, take multiple steps back and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The ledge is all some of these posters have....

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's possible but it's an SEC game, get the W, the objective only.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
UK gave up 44 points to Southern Miss, at home! While we aren't the Gators of old, we are still capable of beating the sh!t out of UK. Here is the ledge, take multiple steps back and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

This means nothing when we could barely beat UMass, one of the worst teams in college football, at home ourselves.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To the OP, or they think Kintucky is worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.