Gator Basketball ***Bracketology*** Selection Show

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I do not understand looking for specific reasons to fit a narrative. It is based on an entire season. Any road win is a good win in the conference,, but UF has one great road win against UK. UK won at Barn,. at UF and at TN. KY also beat UNC on a neutral floor. UF also lost to Ole Piss and Vandy. And I am not sure UF beat one non conference opponent who made the tourney field? So I am not sure that things are that unfair? All I am saying is everything counts not just the last 5 days or one game here or there. Iowa State beat Houston twice this season. Should they be a #1 seed? Maybe.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Handlogten injury hurt our seeding imo. Either way, it's a bullshcit seed. Probably better than being in that 5vs12 game though

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We would have been 5 or 6 without the injury to Micah.

7 is what I was expecting. Everyone knows the committee factors in injuries. Let's not go full Florida State and whine like bitches about it.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The loss to Vandy probably hurt us more than we thought. But, I like our bracket. We can make the elite 8.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
And now we all find ourselves in the strange position of hoping Kugel plays.

Didn't want to give you a downvote, so I didn't. But 'hoping Kuegel plays' when he hasn't seen the floor in the last 2 games of the SEC tourney (even Klatsky, May, Kublickas, and Anderson got in the boxscore in the SEC final). His confidence has to be gone at this point, I don't know if we can count on him for anything so hoping he plays leaves me with
facepalm7.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think we got it bad. USF won 15 games in a row this year. They won their regular season conference title. They lost in the semifinals to UAB who played them very physical. Like Auburn did to us. They were ranked two weeks ago.

And they did not get into the dance.

In fact, the team that they split their series with, FAU, got into the dance. And they beat FAU for the regular season title and went further into the tourney.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These teams got absolutely hosed as well. They refused the NIT invitations.

Dreams die hard, particularly in March.

The Big East found that out Sunday as three 20-win teams -- Providence, Seton Hall and St. John's -- were all snubbed by the NCAA selection committee.

St. John's arguably had the biggest gripe of the three. It finished 20-13 overall, winning six games in a row -- four of them by at least 14 points -- before a loss to overall No. 1 seed UConn in the Big East semifinals on Friday.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Handlogten injury hurt our seeding imo. Either way, it's a bullshcit seed. Probably better than being in that 5vs12 game though
agreed, losing a 7 footer the hours before the committee met played a role.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You think we got it bad. USF won 15 games in a row this year. They won their regular season conference title. They lost in the semifinals to UAB who played them very physical. Like Auburn did to us. They were ranked two weeks ago.

And they did not get into the dance.

In fact, the team that they split their series with, FAU, got into the dance. And they beat FAU for the regular season title and went further into the tourney.
USF got as fuched, but like Kentucky getting over seeded... name recognition is huge. The tournament is about money. USF isn't going to bring it in.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And now we all find ourselves in the strange position of hoping Kugel plays.
At some point I think we’ve just got to cue up “Thanks for the Memories” and let him loose to continue his Walk About. He’s more distraction than a positive anything at this point, even though there’s a hole in the rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator