Gator Basketball ***Bracketology*** Selection Show

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't want to give you a downvote, so I didn't. But 'hoping Kuegel plays' when he hasn't seen the floor in the last 2 games of the SEC tourney (even Klatsky, May, Kublickas, and Anderson got in the boxscore in the SEC final). His confidence has to be gone at this point, I don't know if we can count on him for anything so hoping he plays leaves me with
facepalm7.gif
He’s a really good defensive player. But he is completely out of control on offense. I can see he was getting very frustrated in the Auburn game because all of his passes and shots were getting smacked around.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
These teams got absolutely hosed as well. They refused the NIT invitations.

I guess those crying little b1tches at Texas A&M should have declined an invite back in 2022.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You think we got it bad. USF won 15 games in a row this year. They won their regular season conference title. They lost in the semifinals to UAB who played them very physical. Like Auburn did to us. They were ranked two weeks ago.

And they did not get into the dance.

In fact, the team that they split their series with, FAU, got into the dance. And they beat FAU for the regular season title and went further into the tourney.
But. They also played nobody. FAU has a win over #1 arizona

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
These teams got absolutely hosed as well. They refused the NIT invitations.

Seems like the lesser bowl game thing. You get a chance to keep playing (and a home game for these teams). I know you feel like you should have been in the big dance, but the NIT is a good opportunity to show them you really belonged and to get a couple home games that everybody loves (and local vendors/supporters benefit from).

Kids that play sports generally just want to play games. I don't see a downside to do this.

This feels like a coach and/or admin with hurt feelings projecting them onto kids that would rather just play ball.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the UF vs A&M game and missed the final. Minus any gruesome details (I've purposely avoided the replays) can someone tell me if it's just a broken leg or ligament and knee damage also?
Compound fracture above the ankle. You could hear it on tv and they had to clean up a little blood on the floor. TV never showed a reply. You could immediately hear a pin drop in the place it was so quiet.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was at the UF vs A&M game and missed the final. Minus any gruesome details (I've purposely avoided the replays) can someone tell me if it's just a broken leg or ligament and knee damage also?
It’s an extremely serious injury. Nothing to do with ligaments or his knee. He fractured both leg bones (tibia and fibula) above his ankle and the fracture was so displaced that the sharp bone ends punctured through the skin of his lower leg (i.e. compound fracture) putting him at risk for infection and wound complications. The prognosis is anywhere from full recovery and playing ball again to avascular necrosis, bone infection, nerve injury, all of which can put the extremity at risk. In other words it’s about as serious of an extremity injury as you can sustain.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like the lesser bowl game thing. You get a chance to keep playing (and a home game for these teams). I know you feel like you should have been in the big dance, but the NIT is a good opportunity to show them you really belonged and to get a couple home games that everybody loves (and local vendors/supporters benefit from).

Kids that play sports generally just want to play games. I don't see a downside to do this.

This feels like a coach and/or admin with hurt feelings projecting them onto kids that would rather just play ball.
Exactly.

It's not the NIT's fault they didn't get in. ButtHurtt feelings as you put it. What's next?? Are they going to start suing the NCAA to make it a 128 team field??? Guess they feel NIT stands for you're Not In Tournament.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Minus any infection or healing complications he will recover from this faster than he would an ACL reconstruction.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Compound fracture above the ankle. You could hear it on tv and they had to clean up a little blood on the floor. TV never showed a reply. You could immediately hear a pin drop in the place it was so quiet.

That's it, you heard it and he was down.... you knew it was serious immediately.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly.

It's not the NIT's fault they didn't get in. ButtHurtt feelings as you put it. What's next?? Are they going to start suing the NCAA to make it a 128 team field??? Guess they feel NIT stands for you're Not In Tournament.

You mean sue like FSU tried to do when they missed the football playoffs?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Admin issue most likely... it costs more to host and play in those game than the revenue they generate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator