BREAKING - Dr. Kent Fuchs of Cornell chosen 12th UF President

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Announced today by UF, Dr. Kent Fuchs (pron Fox), Provost of Cornell, has been chosen the 12th President of the University of Florida. He starts on January 1, 2015.

With regard to sports, and especially football, I would not expect him to have any input whatsoever into Muschamp's remaining tenure as UF Head Coach, nor would I expect now lame-duck UF President Bernie Machen to do anything, either. If Muschamp is to be kept or canned will probably be soley Foley's call. Of course, he'll keep Machen informed, but I would not think that Machen will be involved in the hunt for Muschamp;s successor, should he be fired.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n80709 said:
We're Fuched
Yup. He's going to tell Foley he wants Muschamp retained for another year so he can personally evaluate him. Of course, Foley will be thrilled with this.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;jofNR_WkoCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE[/video]

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Starts the 1st of Jan, eh?

I guess all those who poo=poo'd the possibility of him potentially being in place to weigh in are, in a word, wrong.

SavannahGator;n78052 said:
Same e-mail all members of UFAA, including myself, got. Look, even if a new president is selected by the end of this week, if you think that new president will take over within a month or even by the end of the semester, you just don't know how universities work. As a professor at a university (D-II in GA), our current president was selected in early spring semester of the year she started, and didn't take over until the start of our fiscal year, July 1 of that year. It was at least 4 to 6 months before she took over. It's very likely that whoever is selected for UF won't take over the start of Spring semester, at the earliest.

Extending personal particular experience to another is prone to error.
Maybe your school doesn't have its **** together.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dr Kent Fuchs with everybody thats why I Fuchs with dr Kent

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a feeling he'd get it over the other guy. Not sure why I thought that though.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80714 said:
[video=youtube;jofNR_WkoCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE[/video]

Seriously, exactly how much acid did they drop before the creation of that video?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you suppose hiring a Provost for Pres. is like hiring a coordinator for HC?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n80730 said:
And this is for what?
To start sending emails to alert him that the current HBC isn't qualified and he should make it a priority to replace him? :)

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is a very pedestrian hire. Make no mistake, we're doing better than the clowns who hired a lobbyist, but an inauspicious hire nonetheless.

None of the three finalists were particularly enthralling (one was from the Netherlands, no kidding).

One of the main reasons we have trouble is Florida's sunshine laws. I support them in general but we need an exemption for stuff like this. Would you apply for the job if you weren't sure of getting it knowing that your application was a matter of public record and your current employer would know all about it?

This does matter to sports and to football. The President of the University of Florida has three big jobs. He needs to be able to lead the school academically, work the alumni for donations, and work the legislature and Board of Trustees. You have to be well organized, able to communicate and connect with pointy-headed ivory-tower professors and researchers, communicate and connect with good ole boy fat-cat alumni, and be politically savvy. You don't HAVE to be able to connect to students, but it is a plus.

I'm not that impressed with this guy, but I'm hoping for the best.

And I miss John Lombardi.

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n80746 said:
Use your imagination.

I think it's obvious what it's for. I just wanted to see it in text.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does this mean the number of nerds accepted is going to increase from 80 to 99% and interest in the football program will continue to decrease in perpetuity? I swear the student population has changed dramatically since I was in school just 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.