British Open - Speith - Best Foursome

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n248673 said:
They really wanted Tom to get a good send off with a crowd on 18. Since it's his last Open, the number of people there this afternoon vs how many would've been there at 7am is important. He's an adopted icon there & I'm happy that he was allowed to finish. He deserves all the accolades they offer up.

BTW, I think this is only the last Open of his career, not the last round.

Well, not sure if you caught in on tv but there couldn't have been more than 150 people left. The stands were empty at 18 and only people around were standing at the ropes. Regardless, I'm happy he got to finish since he wasn't making the cut.

As for his last round, I think you're right. He might place some Senior Tours but that's about it. I didn't mean to infer he was hanging it up for good.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n248774 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

They really wanted Tom to get a good send off with a crowd on 18. Since it's his last Open, the number of people there this afternoon vs how many would've been there at 7am is important. He's an adopted icon there & I'm happy that he was allowed to finish. He deserves all the accolades they offer up.

BTW, I think this is only the last Open of his career, not the last round.

Well, not sure if you caught in on tv but there couldn't have been more than 150 people left. The stands were empty at 18 and only people around were standing at the ropes. Regardless, I'm happy he got to finish since he wasn't making the cut.

As for his last round, I think you're right. He might place some Senior Tours but that's about it. I didn't mean to infer he was hanging it up for good.

No, unfortunately I was unable to see it. Really would've liked for him to go out there in the sun, big crowd, solo walk over the Swilcan bridge.... even better if he was in the hunt. But I guess it wasn't to be. He'll be a great TV color commentator in the future for that tournament.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger Woods as a pro:

--14 major championships
--15 missed cuts

First time ever he's had more MCs than majors.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n249219 said:
He's done and has been done for several years.

I've said this many the over the past couple years. Then others chime in and say..."Well geese #1 in the world just a few years ago."

Cue MJM and Phan to defend this claim.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
NVGator;n249222 said:
I've said this many the over the past couple years. Then others chime in and say..."Well geese #1 in the world just a few years ago."

Cue MJM and Phan to defend this claim.

Yeah NV, you and I are two of the guys on here that have correctly forecast Tiger's demise going back years. The guys on here defending him seem to get more and more quiet with each passing major that ends with somebody other than Tiger as the winner.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What would you guys like us to say? His game is a mess. Messed with his swing way too much and now he's lost out there. Hate to see it...would have loved for him to continue playing at a high level. Hate him all you want, but he was great for the game.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
MJMGator;n249226 said:
What would you guys like us to say?

"Damn GatorInGeorgia, you were dead azz on the money over a decade ago when you said Tiger wouldn't tie/break Nicklaus' record of 18 majors. On behalf of the entire message board, I want to apologize for all of the she-at we gave you about your Tiger posts going back to the old message board on the Gainesville Sun website. You were right. Next time you prognosticate on something, we'll be sure to listen up and pay attention to your words of wisdom because you're pretty damn smart when it comes to all things sports." :)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n249233 said:
"Damn GatorInGeorgia, you were dead azz on the money over a decade ago when you said Tiger wouldn't tie/break Nicklaus' record of 18 majors. On behalf of the entire message board, I want to apologize for all of the she-at we gave you about your Tiger posts going back to the old message board on the Gainesville Sun website. You were right. Next time you prognosticate on something, we'll be sure to listen up and pay attention to your words of wisdom because you're pretty damn smart when it comes to all things sports." :)

:shutmouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.