Bryan Cox Possibly Out for the Year

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
wont play because of a thumb injury and youngblood played with a broken leg
that equals out right?
Go easy on him. I'm sure he'd rather play at least some of the season than not. The hand is a very intricate and complicated part of body, especially when you consider the impact on wrist. Then it eventually impacts everything else on up. Most things you do or want to do in life involve hands and need a workable thumb. Very important for quality of life and life options that this is corrected and heals well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't he a senior? Does he really want his college football career to end like this? There's no way his old man will allow it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In college, I ripped the ligaments clear off my thumb. They had to drill a hole through my thumb bone, stuff the ligaments through the hole, and tie a knot on the other side (basically). My wrist and hand were in a full cast and to insure my thumb didnt move, they drilled a hole through the joint and slid a pin in it.

Hell.... it didnt slow me down in the slightest. Even made a ski trip with that thing still on.

Of course, I am not a very bright man.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Had nerve damage in my left thumb after a bike accident (and surgery) to repair a separated shoulder. Could not close the end knuckle on my thumb - never realized how important that opposable thumb was, even on my defective left arm/hand. Went about 6 months before having corrective surgery, took about 3 months of rehab to get the motion and strength back. Been good ever since.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In college, I ripped the ligaments clear off my thumb. They had to drill a hole through my thumb bone, stuff the ligaments through the hole, and tie a knot on the other side (basically). My wrist and hand were in a full cast and to insure my thumb didnt move, they drilled a hole through the joint and slid a pin in it.

Hell.... it didnt slow me down in the slightest. Even made a ski trip with that thing still on.

That's not true... you're a rocket scientist or something.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You also weren't engaging 300+ pound men who wanted to rip your face off. :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go easy on him. I'm sure he'd rather play at least some of the season than not. The hand is a very intricate and complicated part of body, especially when you consider the impact on wrist. Then it eventually impacts everything else on up. Most things you do or want to do in life involve hands and need a workable thumb. Very important for quality of life and life options that this is corrected and heals well.

Can't beat off!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"..and obviously where they are mentally as far as moving forward. "
They? The medical staff? Or the player also possibly not wanting to risk anything else?
Seems he'd want to finish with a flourish, imo, so that probably isn't it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Had nerve damage in my left thumb after a bike accident (and surgery) to repair a separated shoulder. Could not close the end knuckle on my thumb - never realized how important that opposable thumb was, even on my defective left arm/hand. Went about 6 months before having corrective surgery, took about 3 months of rehab to get the motion and strength back. Been good ever since.

images

Glad it wasn't any worse Bart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.