BS that Idaho gets off the hook - Foley was outsmarted

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What a load of crap. I'm pissed and I want $975,000 worth of ass whipping......Get back here you lousy spuds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like it. It reinforces several things,

1. Chimp must beat Ugly
2. Chimp isn't coming back if he's marginal 7-6/8-5 (and I hope 9-4). If he were, Fooley would be trying to get him a cheap win to make the record look better.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator said:
I like it. It reinforces several things,

1. Chimp must beat Ugly
2. Chimp isn't coming back if he's marginal 7-6/8-5 (and I hope 9-4). If he were, Fooley would be trying to get him a cheap win to make the record look better.
I UNDERSTAND ......BUT I'M STILL PISSED

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we didn't pay Idaho they would lose their shirts on the trip. It was more a goodwill gesture than anything. And I think a proper one at that.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
One thing that has happened with the non-playing, the media is commenting on wanting to 'see the Gators play'. When subject of the East comes up, especially w/the USCe loss, every comment to a person has been, 'well, I'm curious about how the Gators look'.
So as consequence, the game this week will be put under a higher multiplier microscope.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatorious;n41179 said:
One thing that has happened with the non-playing, the media is commenting on wanting to 'see the Gators play'. When subject of the East comes up, especially w/the USCe loss, every comment to a person has been, 'well, I'm curious about how the Gators look'.
So as consequence, the game this week will be put under a higher multiplier microscope.

And as I keep trying to pound through some thick skulls here is we NEEDED this game worse than any team in the country needed their 1st game.....we are behind at this point and it will take at least another week to catch up.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll expect one helluva prepared Florida team versus UGA since the University and Athletic Department have decided they'd rather eat approximately $3.5 million than lose a bye week. Better be prepared against UGA, better look like 3.5 million bucks, that's all I'm saying.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Seems like it was handled the best it could be. The Vandals were gracious, and they are even looking forward to getting an ass-whooping in 2017. Still hard to freaking believe the game was called for rain. I recorded it and tuned in at 10pm (CST) to watch it. I fast-forwarded through the four hours of recording in total disbelief!
[FONT=&quot]“I want to thank UF, especially AD Jeremy Foley, for the professional and first-class way they worked through this issue and the focus on student-athlete welfare,” Spear said. “It was not in our best interest to play 10 consecutive weeks without a bye week. We look forward to our return to Florida in 2017.”[/FONT]

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ said:
If we didn't pay Idaho they would lose their shirts on the trip. It was more a goodwill gesture than anything. And I think a proper one at that.
So make them earn their shirts.....I'M STILL PISSED

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
HogtownGator said:
Seems like it was handled the best it could be. The Vandals were gracious, and they are even looking forward to getting an ass-whooping in 2017. Still hard to freaking believe the game was called for rain. I recorded it and tuned in at 10pm (CST) to watch it. I fast-forwarded through the four hours of recording in total disbelief!
[FONT=&quot]“I want to thank UF, especially AD Jeremy Foley, for the professional and first-class way they worked through this issue and the focus on student-athlete welfare,” Spear said. “It was not in our best interest to play 10 consecutive weeks without a bye week. We look forward to our return to Florida in 2017.”[/FONT]
THAT SUCKS.....YOU SHOULD BE PISSED !!!!

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n41180 said:
And as I keep trying to pound through some thick skulls here is we NEEDED this game worse than any team in the country needed their 1st game.....we are behind at this point and it will take at least another week to catch up.

Well, you're preaching to the believers, so no argument there. Yeah, they needed it, but they also need an offense. We haven't had one of those in 3-4 years, so no rush. As an aside, isn't someone posting about thick skulls while wearing a concrete helmet a case of cranial inconguity?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC said:
I'll expect one helluva prepared Florida team versus UGA since the University and Athletic Department have decided they'd rather eat approximately $3.5 million than lose a bye week. Better be prepared against UGA, better look like 3.5 million bucks, that's all I'm saying.
YOU SAID IT DC......DID I MENTION I'M STILL PISSED ???

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatorious said:
Concrete Helmet;n41180 said:

Well, you're preaching to the believers, so no argument there. Yeah, they needed it, but they also need an offense. We haven't had one of those in 3-4 years, so no rush. As an aside, isn't someone posting about thick skulls while wearing a concrete helmet a case of cranial inconguity?
More or less...BUT I'M STILL PISSED.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Yeah, we needed the game, but not just for a "W". We needed the tune-up, the practice with real bullets, etc., etc. That train has left the station. We're jumping into Week 2 and we better get up to speed real fast. Bright side: no injuries.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
williston_gator;n41195 said:
Chill out man it was a lose lose situation.

You're right, we didn't win the game=lose.
And we lost $975,000.....
I'd say it was a lose lose situation alright.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Head, just add it to your Mushchump's Excuses List.

Honestly, if SOS or Creyer were still coaching, does anyone think this would be an issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.